Every time you visit a website and want to check it out later, you save it as a bookmark. Over a period of time, you can’t recall why you bookmarked certain websites. Then, comes the dilemma of whether to keep the websites or delete them.
To know why you saved a website as a bookmark, adding notes can help. Earlier Firefox had the feature but now it is removed. And if we talk about Chrome, it never had the feature, to begin with. However, there is a workaround to deal with the issue and have the ability to add bookmarks.
In this post, we will have you to add notes to bookmarks on Chrome and Firefox.
Method 1: Add Notes to Bookmark Name:
You can add a note to bookmark in both Firefox and Chrome in the name of the bookmark. We will tell you how!
Firefox: Add a note to bookmark name
Go to the website, which you want to save it as a bookmark, locate and click on the star icon on the address bar. Now on the Bookmark dialog box, add notes in the name box, click Done to complete the step.
You can use the name as long as 2000 characters or more. The note added can be seen when a mouse pointer hovers over the bookmark. It is very easy to view bookmark notes by just moving your mouse over the bookmarks.
Method 2: Add Notes to bookmark using Properties
If you want to add a note to an existing bookmark in Firefox, you need to click on Bookmark from bookmarks bar and choose Properties. Now add a note to the name on Properties pop-up box. Once done, click Save.
Method 3: Add keywords to bookmarks in Firefox
Adding a keyword to a bookmark can help you remember why the bookmark was saved in the first place. To access the bookmarked page, type in a keyword in the address bar and press enter.
If you don’t like to add keywords, you use that field to add notes for a bookmark. Also, you can add tags to your bookmarks in Firefox.
- In Firefox, make a right-click on the bookmark which you want to add a note to and choose Properties.
- Write your note in Keyword box on Properties dialog box and save it. To see the notes, later on, you need to go to the properties of a bookmark.
How to Add a Note to the Bookmark Name in Chrome
For adding a note to a new bookmark in Chrome, follow these steps:
- Go to the site which you wish to bookmark and then click the star icon located at the address bar.
- Enter bookmark name & the notes that you wish to add in the Name box. Once completed, click Done!
- You can see the name & note added when you hover you hover your mouse over a bookmark in the bookmark bar. If you have inserted a long note, you will not be able
to see the whole text
Add Notes To Existing Bookmark
To add notes to already bookmarked site on Chrome, right click on the bookmark and on bookmarks bar and choose Edit. Now write a note to Name on Edit bookmark pop up and click Save.
Add Notes to Bookmarks in Chrome Using Bookmark Manager Extension
If you use Bookmark Manager extension in Chrome, it will replace the inbuilt bookmark manager and adds the notes feature to bookmarks.
The extension is available in Chrome Web Store. Go to Google Chrome Web Store and search Bookmark Manager. Click on add to Chrome.
Bookmark Manager lets you add images and notes to your bookmarks on a single click. It also allows you to manage your bookmarks in folders. The extension syncs your bookmarks so that you can access it everywhere.
Add Notes to Bookmarks in Firefox Using Bookmark Notes
For Firefox, you can use Bookmark Notes, an extension which helps you manage your bookmarks and add notes to it easily.
- Once you get the add-on, it will come up in the left-hand sidebar. In case it doesn’t come up, click Open Bookmark Notes located on the toolbar.
- Once opened, your bookmarks and bookmark folders will appear in a tree format in the left-hand sidebar.
- If you want to add a note to bookmark, then locate bookmark and click on it. A popup will come up in the sidebar, displaying the name and URL for the bookmark at upper screen.
- Enter your notes, click on Save. Notes can’t be displayed on the sidebar but notes icon can be seen beside bookmark which contains notes.
- If you wish to see the notes for the bookmark, click bookmark or notes icon beside it. A pop-up dialog box will appear.
So, in this way you can add notes to the bookmarks so that you know why you have saved a certain website as a bookmark. If you don’t like to add notes to bookmarks on Chrome and Firefox, you can save the bookmarks and add notes by using apps such as OneNote or Evernote Web Clipper.