Google has always been a responsible father to their browser, Google Chrome. It has always created something new and changed the background processes to speed up the functionality of Google Chrome. Earlier this month, Google again took up some measures and released a new version of Chrome that is Google Chrome 68, which comes with many updates and several hidden features as well.
The list of features also has a new material design for Google Chrome. Not only this there many other hidden features such as UI layout, font color and many other customizing features. But, these features can only be implemented if user is aware of the process.
So, today in this article, we’ll be talking about one of the feature that is material design and how to enable Chrome’s new material design on Windows.
But, to start with the process first you need to update Google Chrome. For this,
- Open Google Chrome.
- Now tap on the button and select ‘Help’.
- From Help, choose About Google Chrome.
Here, you’ll get to know the current version running on Google Chrome. And if your Google Chrome isn’t updated to latest version then the update will start automatically.
- Once it is updated, you will see that it is updated to Google Chrome 68, and tap on the ‘RELAUNCH’ button to install the update.
How To Enable Chrome’s New Material Design On Windows
Follow the steps given below to enable new material design for Google Chrome on Windows:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Type ‘chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md’ in the URL box and press Enter.
- On this page, look at the first available feature that is ‘UI Layout for the browser’s top chrome’, and tap on the box given on right side of the heading.
- Now, from the drop-down menu choose ‘Refresh’.
Once the process is done, press the ‘RELAUNCH NOW’ button given at the bottom of the screen.
Now, you can notice that the UI layout is changed and updated. But, you might notice that the screen appears with yellow tint like some filter has been applied to it.
Don’t worry! It isn’t much of a big problem. This can be fixed. Follow the steps given below to fix the yellowish screen after the material design update:
- Navigate to URL box and type ‘chrome://flags/#force-color-profile’.
- Here, look at the second available feature that is ‘Force color profile’, and tap on the box given on right side of the heading.
- Now, from the drop-down menu choose ‘sRGB’.
Once the process is done, press the ‘RELAUNCH NOW’ button given at the bottom of the screen. After this, you will observe that the issue has been fixed and yellow tint doesn’t appear anymore.
There are not many major changes in UI, but it definitely gives a new fresh look and design to Google Chrome.
So, this was it guys! This is the step by step guide for how to setup new material design on Google Chrome. Make sure you follow all the steps correctly. To set back the layout to default click on the default button from the drop-down menu given in front of the features.
If you found this helpful, please let us know what changes you notice once you have applied the changes in the comment box given.