Marketing and sales strategists have found their way to bypass mailing filters that were effective even a few years ago. ‘Mark as spam’ is not so reliable anymore with newsletters and ‘offers’ from online magazines to clothing lines making their way directly to your inbox.
While you might actually want to read some of these mails, most are annoying and irrelevant sales promotions. The only way to avoid cluttering your inbox is to block specific mailing addresses.
Google’s popular mailing service Gmail has a rather simple solution to your problem. Let’s tell you, how to block an email address in Gmail:
- Log-in to your Gmail account.
- Search for the email from the id you want to block.
- Open the email.
- Click the down arrow sign to the far right of the sender’s name.
- Click Block (“sender name”) from the list.
- Select “Block” to confirm your action.
- If you wish to unblock an email address, you can do it by clicking here.
Now that you know how to give those annoying promotions and offers a slip, go ahead and block all the nagging and unwanted IDs.
On the downside, you might end up losing some good deals or news stories. But tell you what, offers ain’t seasonal anymore and social media is all you need to know what’s trending! So, why clutter your inbox?