You can have a whale of a time watching TV with your family, especially when you have Apple TV at your disposal. Currently the device uses tvOS 10.2.1. But before the launch of tvOS 10.1, the home button used to take you to the Home screen. However, the button’s default behavior changed to take you directly to the Up Next view within the TV app. So now if you wish to view the Home screen, you need to press Home button twice.
Although Apple quietly changed the significant Home button behavior in tvOS 10.1, the good news is that you’re allowed to train your Home button to do what it was originally intended to do by following these simple steps:
- Go to Settings on your Apple TV
- Select Remotes and Devices
- Choose the new Home Button item between ‘Touch Surface Tracking’ and ‘Remote’ at the top of the right-hand.
- You can check if it is set to return you to your TV app
- Press the Home button item once to toggle the button to default back to Home screen.
Once you make changes to Home button behavior, you can see that a single press will take you to the Home screen. Pressing Home again will directly take you to Up Next in TV app. If you want your remote Home button to take you to Up Next screen in TV app, you can change this using the same steps as above.