There is nothing wrong with margins on Google Docs as they provide a neat look to the file, especially when you want to send it to someone else. Or if you are bored with the same workbook every day and want to impress the person who is getting your Google Docs every day, you can change margins on Google Docs.
Margins in Google Docs appear on all the sides of the page; left, right, upper and lower side of the page. Default margins are although great but you can modify them according to the work being done. In fact, this margin doesn’t need to remain the same for the whole document, the change of margins in Google Docs is possible accordingly.
So, how to adjust margins in Google docs, let’s find out!
Customize Margins On Google Docs
1. How To Set Document Margins On Google Docs
- For this, log in to your Gmail account and open Google Docs.
- Click on File from the top bar and select Page Setup.
- As the new window pop-up, you can change the margin of the document. Also, you can manage orientation, paper size, and page color as per your needs.
- Click OK to finalize it.
2. Setup Paragraph Margins On Google Docs
To change margins in Google Docs according to the paragraph style, follow the steps mentioned.
- Locate the triangle arrow bar or ruler at the top.
- If you move the left triangle scale towards the right, the sectional margin will change. Similarly, if the right triangle scale is moved on the left, the left margin will change.
Can I Lock The Margins In Google Docs?
Well, Google Docs does not allow locking of the margins. You are free to edit the document as and when required. In case, you wish someone else does not mess with your settings, make sure the ‘Sharing permissions’ are well-managed.
For example; while sharing the document, you shall select it carefully whether you want the other person to edit, comment, or view only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to edit margins in Google Docs?
There are two ways to edit or change margins in Google docs; one is by going to File > Page Setup > making relatable changes in the whole document. Second is by using the scale at the top of the page for different paragraphs.
Q2. How to adjust margins in Google Docs?
Adjusting margins in Google Docs is pretty simple. Use the upper scale at the document and adjust it right or left. Or if you want to adjust margins for the whole document, go to File > Page Setup and Make changes.
Q3. How To Fix Margins On Google Docs?
Go to the document, locate File > Page Setup and here you can fix margins from any side on Google docs.
With these methods mentioned above, you can easily change margins in Google Docs. We believe you now know how to adjust margins in Google Docs and will be able to deliver a good presentation in the same. With that, look at:
- How to use Google docs for voice typing?
- Easiest ways to check spellings in Google Docs
- Lesser known tricks to use Google Docs
With that, Keep following us on Facebook and YouTube for more updates!