How Do I Know If My Samsung Smartphone Is Original Or Fake?
This is probably one of the most common questions asked by people who are considering buying a refurbished or second-hand phone. Read the following article and learn how you can identify if a Samsung device is original or fake!
Undoubtedly, Samsung is one of the best manufacturers when it comes to producing high-end smartphones. The company never fails to inculcate the latest technologies with every new model, but eventually, the price tag also increases. That’s where people wish to explore the market to see whether they can get the same specification set at a much cheaper rate.
Due to a lack of awareness amongst buyers, sellers fool them by producing fake phones at a cheaper rate. But do not worry, at Systweak, we are always here to help you out with any kind of smartphone’s issues. In this article, we’ll discuss common signs to check if your Samsung smartphone is original or not!
How To Check If Your Samsung Phone Is Original Or Fake
To be honest, illegally cloned smartphones can look just like the original ones & you cannot merely identify them at first glance. Notice for the following signs to check if your Samsung device is clone or fake.
Trick 1 – Check Originality Of Device With Samsung Secret Codes
Using these special Samsung Codes, you can certainly check the hardware in your device. All the below-mentioned code should be workable on your device as these are available only on original Samsung phones. If your smartphone lacks these secret codes, it is most likely you are using a fake Samsung device.
To check these Android Secret Codes, all you have to do is go to your phone’s dialer, enter the following code. As soon as you do that, your device will automatically get into a secret diagnostic mode, showing all the essential information.
1)*#1234# [Displays device current firmware]
2) *#*#1472365#*#* [GPS test settings]
3) *#*#197328640#*#* [Service mode]
4) *#*#4636#*#* [Diagnostic and general settings mode]
5) *#0*# [General Test Mode]
6) *#0228# [ADC Reading]
7) *#0283# [Audio Loopback Control]
8) *#0289# [Melody Test Mode]
9)*#03# [NAND Flash S/N]
10) *#32489# (Ciphering Info)
11) *#232331# (Bluetooth Test Mode)
12) *#12580369# (Device SW & HW Info)
13) *#1234# (View SW Version PDA, CSC, MODEM)
14) *#0228# (ADC Reading)
Trick 2 – Signs To Look For Physical Attributes
Unlike the old days of smartphones, manufacturers are getting smarter & are producing better qualities. So, checking the phone’s appearance may not alone help, but verifying these signs should be the first step to recognize the originality of your Samsung phone.
- Check for the screen’s brightness & vibrancy. An original device will offer a lively set of colors, while fake smartphones display dull colors.
- Notice the space from the screen to the edges. Clone smartphones usually have a wide gap from the edges of the screen to the edge of the device.
- The power button is separated from the volume button at a reasonable distance in the original Samsung phone. Whereas, the clone devices’ both the buttons have abnormal gaps.
- Do not forget to check your device’s screen glass material. Brush your fingers on the display & if it feels like plastic more than a glass, then it’s probably a clone product.
- Focus on your smartphone’s sensor as well. Usually, you’ll find these sensors to be missing on the fake Samsung phones.
In case you are not able to verify the authenticity of your Samsung device with the aforementioned tricks, then proceed with the next signs.
Trick 3 – Verify Specifications From The Box
Well, it’s essential to match the product specifications that are mentioned on the back of the box with the ones that can be found in your smartphone’s settings. Go to your phone Settings > About Phone. Now simply compare the details with your headset’s box. If it doesn’t match, probably you are using a fake Samsung product.
Trick 4 – Check Samsung IMEI Number
IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number is a unique set of identification codes allotted to every device & two phones can never share the same IMEI. Often the counterfeit phones won’t have a valid IMEI number or will use a fake digit. To check the 15-digit IMEI number on Samsung, all you have to do is:
- Navigate to the Phone Settings.
- Scroll down the Settings window to look for About Phone.
- The About Phone window shows the IMEI code, Model number as well as the Serial number.
- Alternatively, you can simply type *#06# in your phone’s dialer & a pop-up message will appear on your screen, displaying the Samsung IMEI number.
There are a few alternate ways as well to check Samsung’s IMEI Number. These methods can be used for mobiles and tablets that have non-removable batteries.
- To check for it, simply look at the Backside of the phone to locate the IMEI and Serial number.
- Another way, one can look for Samsung’s original check code is to see it beneath the battery. However, this method can only be used for mobile with detachable batteries.
Having an IMEI can help you tell the model associated with the device, its network compatibility & you can even know if the handset has been stolen & then sold to you.
Trick 5 – Conduct A Performance Test
Executing these following performance tests will mostly tell you whether your Samsung phone is fake or original. Follow the steps one by one:
- Capture Some Pictures
It’s one of the most common ways to check if your Samsung phone is original. You cannot expect photographs to be of low resolution or lousy quality with an authentic device.
- Run High-End Games Or Apps
If you are using a fake Samsung phone, it won’t be able to take much load on phone resources to run high-end games like Vice City, Grand Theft Auto, Star Wars, or The Dark Knight Rises.
- Turn Off Your Device & On
Fake Samsung phones will take a significant amount of time to get switched off or on.
- Run Multiple At Once
Well, when you flip through one application to another, you need to observe how your device responds to every activity carefully. If it takes time or responds slowly, chances are you are using a fake Samsung smartphone.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. Why Is It Easy To Duplicate Samsung Phones?
Samsung manufactures mobile phones developed on Android OS, which is an Open Source platform. Since anyone can use it, it gets easy for companies to manufacture the counterfeit of the original device.
So, if you are planning to purchase a new Samsung phone and don’t know how to check if the Samsung phone is original or not, this article will be of great help.
Q2. How To Check If The Phone Is New Or Refurbished?
Have recently bought a Samsung device but unsure if it’s new or just refurbished? Follow the steps carefully:
- Navigate to your device’s dialer.
- Type ##786#
- From the two command buttons received: View & Reset. Click on the first one!
- Your device’s screen will get packed with all the information related to your handset.
- Locate the words “Reconditioned Status.”
- If it reflects No, then don’t worry, you are using a new Samsung device.
Q3. What Tips Should Be Kept In Mind To Avoid Buying A Fake Samsung Phone?
Keep these factors in mind to make sure you do not buy counterfeit smartphone:
- Make purchases from a registered manufacturer or trusted retailer.
- When buying a phone online, make sure you reach a seller with a good
- Do not forget to check the Reviews & Ratings of the product. Refer this guide to learn how to spot fake reviews on Amazon?
- Never expect heavy discounts on a newly launched smartphone.
- Every genuine mobile phone manufacturer offers a limited time warranty.
If you or someone you know are planning to buy a new phone but are worried about how to check if the Samsung phone is original, read this article to quickly verify the authenticity and don’t let your hard-earned money go in vain. I hope you were able to learn how to check Samsung IMEI & use Secret Android codes. Do share this article with someone who you think might need it!