Undoubtedly, Google Maps has made our travelling experience easy and convenient. With the use of Google Maps, now you can explore any place without a travel guide or planner and that too quiet conveniently.
However, as everything in this world is not flawless, same goes with Google Maps. If you too use Google Maps for getting directions then at some time you must have faced the issue about the route provided by Google being not the fastest one. Moreover, sometimes the route suggested by Google Maps is either unavailable or restricted and can create all sort of troubles for you.
But do you guys know, to avoid all such problems you can create custom directions with Google Maps and share with your friend or family coming over to your place.
Create Custom Directions with Google Maps
Before getting started please note, to create custom directions we are going to use Google My Maps that is slightly different from Google Maps service.
- Click here to open Google My Maps and click on Create A New Map button to start creating custom directions.
- Now click on the Untitled map to give the map a title. Click on Add directions button located next to share button to start adding routes.
- Now in field A type the source point and in field B type the destination. Once you enter the destination automatically the route from point A to B will appear. Also, you can add stops in the route by clicking Add Destination.
Also Read: 5 Amazing Google Maps Tips And Tricks
- To customize the route, click on the blue line and drag it as per the route you wish to set. For better results we suggest you zoom the map and then set the alternate route.
- If you want to break your route by adding stops then click on Add Destination button. You can add any number of stops as per your wish.
- Once you are done customizing the route you can simply click on Share button to share it with your friends. Sharing the route is as simple as sharing anything stored on Google Drive.
- You can also set the access to the like private, public, or with specific people. You can also invite people to edit the route on the map.
You can take this map along with you on your Android as well as iPhone.
Also Read: 10 Best Google Maps Alternatives
Moreover, besides sharing this, customize route to your family or friends you can embed it on your website, (if you have the one) by just choosing the option Public in sharing settings.
So, guys, what are you waiting for? Start creating customized maps to make the travel of your loved ones more convenient.