Instagram is definitely an undisputed top photo sharing platform that lets you share your moments with your friends. However, there comes a time when you prioritize other things over sharing photos on Instagram. But considering social media addiction and its surging cases, you may probably wish to opt for deleting your account forever.
Now that you’ve set your mind to delete Instagram account permanently, you can simply do it on your desktop. When you go to the portal to permanently delete Instagram account, you would notice that it is not as handy as creating a new account. Today, we’re going to suggest you the steps to help you delete your Instagram account forever.
How to delete Instagram account permanently?
You may follow the below steps to have your account deleted from Instagram forever:
- Launch the Instagram website on your computer. It is important to know that you cannot delete Instagram account using an application on Android or iPhone.
- Once the website is up, you need to login to your account using your credentials.
- As soon as you are logged in, you may head to Delete Your Account page. If you face difficulty in finding the page, simply click on the provided link.
- Now, you may select the reason responsible for deleting Instagram account permanently against the ‘Why are you deleting your account?’.
- Once you’ve selected the reason, Instagram tries to provide an alternative solution for your problem that may help you overcome without having your account permanently deleted.
- If the solution provided doesn’t seem to be fitting you, just enter your password to continue deleting your account and click on permanently delete my account button at the bottom of the screen.
- It is important know that once you’ve selected to delete Instagram account permanently, three is no coming back. If you’re unsure of about this decision, consider disabling the account for a few days.
How to temporarily disable Instagram account?
Disabling your Instagram account for a limited time is one of the best options when you’re not sure about deleting it forever. You may follow the below steps to have your Instagram account disabled temporarily:
- Redirect to Instagram website and login with your credentials.
- Go to your Instagram account settings and select Edit Profile.
- Once there, click on ‘Temporarily disable my account’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you just need to select the reason to temporarily revoke your account and provide your password to continue. Once done, click on Temporarily Disable Account.
Overall, it is not that complicated to delete Instagram account permanently using any device. Within a few clicks and taps, you can permanently delete Instagram account. It is important to take a backup of the photos that you’ve got on your profile as it becomes irretrievable when the account is deleted. In case you are not sure about removing your profile forever from Instagram; you may have it temporarily disabled for a time period. If you wish to share some tips and tricks for Instagram, do let us know in the comments below.