Google Plus was a step taken by the Google Inc. to dive into the social media platforms business. One of the major intention behind Google Plus may have been to compete with Facebook, Twitter etc. However, the low usage and engagement lead Google to take bitter step. With the news of Google shutting down its consumer version of Google Plus, those who have accounts on it may wonder on what they have to do!
Now that approx. 90 percent of Google Plus users spent less than five seconds on its portal, the company is bound to bid it adieu. So, if you have an account on Google Plus, and if you’re wondering on how to delete your Google Plus account, we’ve got it covered for you:
How to know if you have a Google Plus account?
Before deleting your Google Plus account, it would be better to know if you even possess an account on it or not. Despite its popularity, there’s no surprise if you don’t have an account on Google Plus while having one on Gmail. To check the existence of your Google Plus account, you may follow the below steps:
- Log in to your Gmail account with credentials.
- Click on your photo in the top right-hand corner of Gmail window.
- If you see, ‘Google+ Profile’, below your email address, it is affirmed that you do have an account on Google Plus.
- You may click on ‘Google+ Profile’ in order to view it or to proceed with its removal.
How to delete your Google Plus account?
Now that you know you have an account, you would want to know how to delete your Google Plus account. To delete, you may follow the below steps:
- Log in to your Google+ Profile and click on Settings in the left pane.
- It provides you with a plethora of settings that you can tweak. From where, you need to scroll down to see “DELETE YOUR GOOGLE+ PROFILE” to click on.
- It leads you to verify by prompting you to login again with your credentials.
- Now, it provides you with all the necessary information about your profile and where all it is linked to. Then, it asks you to check the boxes, where you understand that once deleted, it cannot be undone.
- As soon as you hit the Delete button, the account gets deleted and you’re provided with a form where you can choose your reason to delete your Google Plus account.
Overall, if you find out that you somehow possess an account, you now also know how to delete your Google Plus account. It is important you know that Google Plus is one of the social media platforms that connects you to your friends and other circles. This way, if you keep your photos videos or have shared other things on Google Plus, you may consider deleting them beforehand. If you have a business account on Google Plus, you may still continue to use the service without any issues. In case you wish to share some tips and tricks for Google, do let us know in the comments below.