Don’t know what those charges on your credit card statement are for? Check your Google Play account it seems you have added your card there and someone is making in-app purchases without your knowledge.
If that is true, then you must learn how to protect your Google account from unauthorized purchases and how to get a refund for Google Play in-app purchases.
How To Disable In-App Purchases from Android Google Play?
Here are the guidelines to seamlessly turn off automatic in-app purchases.
- Launch Google Play Store
- Tap horizontal three lines and scroll to Settings
- Tap Require authentication for purchases option
- Select “For all purchases through Google Play on this device.”
- When asked for Google password enter it for confirmation
Using Fingerprint Scanner for Purchase Authentication
Another better way to ensure security is to use a fingerprint scanner. As no one can borrow your fingerprints, you can stay protected from accidental in-app purchases from Google Play.
To enable the fingerprint scanner, follow the steps below:
- Launch Google Play app
- Tap three parallel lines> Settings
- Look for the Fingerprint/Biometric authentication option and check the box.
- Enter password
That’s it, using these methods you can protect your account Google account from making false in-app purchases.
In addition to this, if you use the iPhone and want to know how to disable/ prevent in-app purchases from the App Store, we have got it covered.
Preventing in-app purchase from App Store via Screen Time
To prevent unintentional purchases from the App Store, you can use Screen Time. Surprised?
Thought Screen Time only limits playing time for kids? Screen Time does more than that using it; you can control purchases on an Apple device.
Different ways to control in-app purchases:
- Use Ask to Buy option when your children in the Family Sharing group use their device.
- Enable require a password for every purchase
- Disable in-app purchases entirely from your device and kid’s device
How to use Screen Time To Stop In-App Purchases from App Store
1. Head to your phone’s settings
2. Look for Screen Time, tap it and enable Screen Time
Note if Screen Time is already in use skip to step 4
3. Tap Continue > select either of the options based on the device – This is My [device], or This is My Child’s [device].
If you are the parent and want to avoid in-app purchases by any family member, enable Screen Time passcode. To create it, tap Use Screen Time Passcode, reenter, and you are done.
When setting up Screen Time on kid’s device, follow prompts > get to Parent Passcode > enter > confirm it, and you’re done.
4. Next, tap Content & Privacy Restrictions, when asked to enter passcode enable Content & Privacy.
5. Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases > In-app purchases > Don’t Allow.
Alternatively, tap Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps > uncheck iTunes Store and Books.
How to Get A Refund for An In-App Purchase from Google Play?
The simplest and easiest way to get a refund for an In-App Purchase from Google Play, fill out this Google form, and submit the refund request.
When filling the form, make sure you are signed in to the Google account from which the purchase is made. Before you submit the form to get a refund from Google Play, you’ll need to enter the Order Number. It is found in the email you received when you made the purchase, fill out all the details, and click Submit.
This way, you can claim a refund for an in-app purchase from Google Play.
In addition to this, different ways are using which you can get a refund.
- Within 2 hours of the product purchase
- Within 48-hour of purchase
- By contacting the manufacturer
All these and other methods have been covered in how to get a refund for Google Play purchase.
This is all that we have for you on how to get a refund for in-app purchases and avoid in-app purchases on Google Play and App Store.
We hope you’ll use these steps to prevent in-app purchases. If you face any problem and have any questions, please leave us in the comments box. We’d love to hear from you. To stay updated, follow us on social media networks.
Further, if you want us to cover any specific topic, do let us know.