Despite its beautiful design and incredible performance, sometimes the limitations on iPhone can irritate a user. Let’s say you are watching a YouTube video on your iPhone and wish to save it your camera roll, you can’t. Isn’t it frustrating?
Well, it is and it is one hell of a task to save YouTube videos on your iPhone unless you are ok with paid subscription provided by YouTube Red. The application lets you watch videos without ads and provides you an option to download so that you can watch them offline. However, you can only access them in YouTube app. What if you want to watch the video right from the Camera Roll? Sounds interesting, right?
In this post, we have discussed how to download YouTube videos on iPhone. The best part is you don’t have to jailbreak your iPhone to get the benefit.
Download Videos from YouTube on iPhone
Though there are a lot of websites and apps available which enable you to download YouTube videos on your iPhone they are not persistent. But we have a hack to make it work. Follow these steps to make things work according to you:
Getting the Link
- You need to install an app before getting started. Download and install Documents by Readdle. The app is a file manager which comes with an integrated browser which simplifies the process of downloading and transferring YouTube videos.
- Once done, go to YouTube that you wish to download. To get the video link, go to YouTube app, open the video, click Share and then tap on Copy link.
- To open the link, open Documents Open the inbuilt browser by tapping the icon located at the bottom-right corner. Now go to a website that allows you to download YouTube videos for example PickVideo.net.
Steps To Save The Video from YouTube to iPhone:
Follow these steps to save the video:
- Once you are on the PickVideo.net, you will get a box, enter the video’s link. Long press inside the box to get the Paste option. Tap on Paste to get the link in the box and tap on Download.
- It will take a few seconds to make the video ready to get downloaded. Once done, you will get “Your video is ready to download” message.
- You will see Download Video with a Sound option as you scroll a bit.
- You will get a list of options with different quality and format available for the video to download. Tap Download button beside quality of the video you want.
- As you tap on download, you will be asked to name the video file. The file will get downloaded.
Note: The default destination of the video will be Documents/Downloads. You can check the progress of the downloading video by clicking the downwards arrow at the bottom of the window.
How to Move the Video?
The downloaded video is stored in Downloads of the Documents app for now. To move it to Camera Roll, follow these steps:
- To locate the video, go to Downloads folder and click Edit from the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the video by tapping on it and click Move( located at the bottom of the window)
- Now you will be asked for the destination. Under Recent, Click Photos.
- It will open Photos and at the bottom of the window, you will get Move to Photos in a blue banner, click on it.
And that’s how you do it! To check whether the videos are showing in the Camera Roll or not go to Photos and you will get the video there. It will come up with the recent photos. Moreover, you can get the video in Albums and Videos folder.
So, try it and download all your favorite YouTube videos & watch them offline on your iPhone!