We all love to click photos with our smartphones as they are loaded with several ‘smart’ camera features. But when you click a photograph with your smartphone, it also stores a lot of additional details. When you send these photos to someone, this information also gets shared along with the image.
This stored information is known as EXIF data or Metadata. And after knowing this you may want to remove EXIF data from your images before sending them to someone. In this article, we will help you understand what is EXIF data and how you can remove/edit it.
What is EXIF data?
EXIF stands for Exchangeable Image File Format. Whenever you take a picture with your camera phone or digital camera, a file (Normally a JPEG) get stored to your device’s storage. In addition to the details in the picture, it records a supplemental metadata as well. Which includes date, time, camera settings, and possible copyright information and location on some devices. You can also add further information with the help of a software.
How to remove EXIF Data or Edit Metadata:
If your purpose is to remove EXIF data from the images on your Mac then there is no simple work around all you need to do is to download a third-party software.
So here is how you can remove EXIF data on your Mac using a third party software for Mac.
You can download Photos EXIF editor from Systweak software for Mac below.
Here are some key features of this application:
- You can remove EXIF data from thousands of images in almost no time.
- It Supports various common image formats including RAW format.
- The interface of the application is very user friendly and easy to understand.
Here is how you can use this application.
- Once you are done with the download and installation of the application simply drag and drop the folder or photos that you need to edit.
- Another way to import images in bulk is to browse for the folder in which images are placed.
- After the import is done you can choose for the EXIF editing options. In the dropdown application is having several options for EXIF data editing.
- After entering the relevant information, click ‘Start Process’ to proceed further.
- Once the process is complete click “Save Output” your photos will now have edited metadata.
- The best part about this application is that it back up your original photos. So, you can always restore them whenever it is required.
Congratulations! You have successfully removed EXIF data using the best EXIF data remover for mac. Now you can boldly share your images with anyone without worrying about sharing personal information.
After huge success and positive user response Photos EXIF Editor is now available for Windows as well. The product has a simple user interface that can be used effectively even by a novice user. However, the features that are offered by the product ensures that you need no other tool to edit EXIF information for thousands of your photos.
Here are the steps to use this wonderful application:
- To get started, first you have to download Photos EXIF Editor on your PC.
- After installing the product, launch it.
- Once the product launches, you can either add a single photo or add a complete folder. You can also simply drag and drop the images or folders into the application.
- After importing a photo or a complete folder, choose any of the various multiple editing options available within the product. Also, as per your requirement edit EXIF/IPTC/XMP data fields. You can either edit the data or insert the new value in the fields.
- Once you are done with the editing of EXIF data, click on Start Process button to apply the changes.
- The application will now ask you for a destination folder to save the output.
- Now, on the prompt that appears click on Yes button to apply the changes.
- You can also revert the changes if you are not satisfied with the results or you just missed something editing the EXIF/IPTC/XMP data. However, please note that the original data can only be restored within the current session.
Salient Features of Photos EXIF Editor:
- Easily and quickly edit or remove the EXIF data from any number of images.
- Compatible with 20 + most popular image formats including RAW.
- Easily view metadata associated with each image. Also, you can easily edit or remove this information if you wish to hide some sensitive information.
- Compatible with Windows version 10/8.1/8/7 & Vista (both 32 and 64 bit).
- Create Preset to be used in the current session or in the future. Preset save a lot of time, especially when you have to edit a batch of photos.
- Remove unneeded information and remarks from photos within no time.