Google always focuses on innovations and is trying to pave a new way for Artificial Intelligence implementation in all of its products. A glimpse of that was found in Google I/O 2018 conference where Google introduces many new innovative features along with AI driven Smart Compose feature of Gmail. The feature can be automatically activated once you enable new Gmail interface that is rolled out by Google a few days back. So, guys without further delay let’s discuss more about this amazing feature in Gmail.
What is Smart Compose in Gmail?
Gmail is one of the most preferred email clients for sending/ receiving personal as well as business emails. Recently, it showed an all-new look along with many new splendid features. Smart Compose is one of those features that users will receive after upgrading to new Gmail look. This feature can automatically type in the email for you by automatically suggesting common phrases. Moreover, in our test results, we find it suggesting even complete sentences resulting in simplifying the tedious task of composing an email.
So, if you too wish to test the usefulness of smart compose feature then follow the steps provided in the article.
How to Use Smart Compose Feature:
If you have to daily type in numerous emails then you are surely going to love this AI powered smart compose feature. To get started you have to first switch to new Gmail interface.
1. To change your existing Gmail to new Gmail, sign in to your Gmail account and click on the gear icon located at the top right corner of the screen. Now from the drop-down menu select Try the new Gmail option. Your current Gmail will automatically switch to new look.
2. Now again click on the gear icon and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
See Also: New Gmail Feature And How They Work
3. In the General tab in settings look out for Experimental Access and check mark the Enable experimental access.
4. Now click on Save Changes located at the bottom of the Settings page.
5. Now in Settings you will find a new option of Smart Compose in which “Writing suggestions on” option is by default selected.
6. To test the feature start composing an email. You will find that smart compose feature is automatically showing suggestions. If you find the suggestion appropriate then press Tab on your keyboard to add the suggestion to the email.
Surely this artificial intelligence smart compose feature will speed up the process of an email composition by decreasing the chances of spelling mistakes and grammatical blunders that are quite common. Also, as per Google it can suggest relevant contextual phrases. For example, if it’s Friday it may suggest “Have a great weekend!” as a closing phrase.
Currently, this feature is only showing the suggestions for the emails composed in English. However, once the feature receives a positive response then Google will try to implement if for other languages as well.
So, guys what are you waiting for? Try this new feature right now and start composing the email with less effort and more accuracy. Also, do not forget to drop your comments in the comment box below about smart compose feature.