Are you a gamer and PS4 is one of your favourite gaming consoles? If yes, then this article is for all the awesome players like you. While enjoying your favourite game on PS4, there may be times when you experience a sudden and abrupt audio cut, or the PS4 audio stops working. If you’ve faced such a situation, do not hassle, we have the best fixes to resolve ‘sound not working on PS4.’
This is a quick guide with simple hacks to help fix PS4 with no sound issues. Let’s have a look at what this article covers:
PS4 Audio Not Working- Fixes!
Offered by Sony, PS4 is a wonderful console for gamers. But when it comes to PS4 no sound issues, things get weird. So here we enlist a few fixes that will help resolve sound issues on PS4. Check them out:
Fix 1. Enable and Disable Display Input Channel
Many times due to some signal problem the ‘no sound’ issue in PS4 arises. For this, you can try switching the input channels on your display, i.e. TV or Monitor. Once you have switched the input, switch it back to the first connected input. Restart your game, and you’ll probably be sorted with the PS4 audio not working issue.
Fix 2: Check The Connection Between Your Devices
The problem in PS4 audio may arise because of poor connectivity between PS4 and your display device. To prevent yourself from facing no sound issues while using PS4, ensure that you double-check connected devices. For this, you can follow this step-wise guide:
- Firstly, turn off both PS4 and the display it is connected to.
- Now, unplug HDMI cable and power cable.
- Check cables and ports corresponding to them and then, replug the wires.
- After ensuring they are correctly inserted, Restart both PS4 and your display.
Hopefully, you’ll be able to get back the sound on PS4 after restarting. If you’re still unable to resolve ‘PS4 audio not working’, you can try any of these fixes below.
Tip: Another common reason for No Sound on PS4 is outdated drivers. Therefore, to avoid facing this problem always keep the drivers updated. To update drivers you can use Device Manager and manually update the drivers. However, if you don’t want to do it yourself or think you are not experienced enough to do it. We have an easy solution. Try Smart Driver Care. As the name explains this tool helps update outdated drivers automatically. Moreover, using this amazing tool you can update applications and secure your system from attacks.
To give it a try download it today by clicking here.
Fix 3: Configure Audio Device Settings On PS4
If you’re using headphones while playing PS4 and there is no sound, you need to check audio device settings on PS4. Here’s how to configure audio device settings for PS4 no sound issue.
- Go to the Home Screen of the PS4 system and press ‘Up’ button on the controller to open the Function area.
- Select Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Select Output To Headphones and then select All Audio.
Restart the game to see if the sound not working on PS4 issue has been resolved or not. If the problem persists, check out further a few more handy tips below for your help.
Fix 4: Configure The Audio Output Settings
Out of many reasons for PS4 no sound issues, one is the incorrect audio output settings. If this is the actual reason behind, you can check the sound settings. Here’s how to configure audio settings on PS4.
- On your PS4 controller, press the Up button and go to the function area.
- Select Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Primary Output Port > DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) > Checkmark all the formats your audio device supports and click OK.
- Now select Audio Format (Priority) and then from the right-side panel select Bitstream (Dolby).
Fix 5: Update System Software On PS4
You can get back the audio settings on track using the PS4 controller. Click on Up button on your controller and go to the function area. Then follow the path below to update the system software. Go to Settings > System Software Update. It will fix the problem with your PS4 audio if it couldn’t check out the other ways ahead in this article.
Fix 6: Restore PS4 To The Default Factory Settings
Restoring PS4 to its default settings is one of the many ways to fix sound not working on PS4. Here’s how to do it:
- Press the Power button on the front panel of PS4 to turn it off.
- Once it’s turned off, press and hold the power button.
- You’ll hear two beeps, release Power button afterward.
- Now, connect your controller to PS4 with a USB cable.
- Once connected, press the PS button on the controller and Restore Default Settings.
- Then, select Yes to complete the process and Restart your game to check if the issue of ‘PS4 sound not working’ resolves.
Well, if any of the above hacks were of no help for your PlayStation4, here’s the last fix that you can consider. This fix will help automatically fix any issues with your audio drivers.
Fix 7: Update Audio Drivers
Last but not least, try updating the Audio Driver. For this, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R > type devmgmt.msc.
- Next, expand the audio driver section > right-click Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers and follow on-screen instructions.
- If a driver update is detected Windows will install it.
- Now, restart your PC.
However, if no driver update is detected you can visit manufacturer’s site and look for the update. But for this, you need to know the details of the audio card. Agreed, for a novice, it isn’t easy. Hence here is the easiest solution known as – Smart Driver Care.
This ultimate driver updater tool for Windows scans the system for outdated drivers and finds the latest driver automatically.
Once an update is detected it lists then and allows the user to replace the existing drivers installed on your PC.
Here’s how to use Smart Driver Care:
- Click here to download Smart Driver Care.
- Once downloaded double click the .exe file and begin the installation.
- Smart Driver Care will now automatically launch and scan the system for outdated drivers.
- However, if it doesn’t run automatically click Start Scan Now button and wait for the scanning to complete.
- After the scan completes, click on the Update All button, to update outdated driers including audio drivers.
Note: If you are using the trial version of Smart Driver Care you’ll have to update each driver individually. For this click Update Driver.
- Now sit back and relax and wait for the process to complete. The best part is that Smart Driver Care takes care of all your driver issues with a couple of clicks.
This will fix PS4 audio not working issue, and you’ll be able to play your favorite games with better sound quality.
What Do You Think On PS4 Audio Not Working?
That’s all folks! This article covers seven best fixes to resolve PS4 sound not working issues. Check them out and let us know in the comments what you think is the best way to fix such issues. Although the first six fixes have some or the other limitations, we assure you that Smart Driver Care is an unbeatable tool to fix all your driver-related issues.
We hope we were able to help you fix PS4 sound not working. Let us know which method you found useful and if you are facing any other technical issue on your computer, drop us a note.