Windows registry is considered as the most critical part of your system. A small error or a minor infection in the registry may kill your system. In this article, we will try to give a detailed idea about Windows registry and fixing registry errors in Windows.
What is Windows Registry?
Registry is a hierarchical database that stores options and configuration settings on Microsoft Windows operating system. The Windows Registry is used to store the settings and information for hardware devices, software programs, user preferences, OS configurations, etc.
Common symptoms or common registry errors:
Here are some common symptoms and if your system is showing them then you need to do something with the registries.
- 1. Your computer is performing unexpectedly slow.
- 2. error message Missing OLE.
- 3. Some of the desktop icons are missing.
- 4. You are finding strange symbols under My Computer.
- 5. System reboot or crash randomly.
- 6. Windows only load in safe mode.
If your computer is showing these symptoms, then you should not panic and try this fixe to fix registry errors in Windows 10,7,8.
As we have told earlier in this blog registry is a very critical aspect so we do not recommend you to make any changes to it manually. You can go for a third-party registry cleaner and repair software. RegClean Pro a tool by Systweak software is the best registry optimizer you can use. It is a user-friendly app so here is how you can fix your registry related issues using this application.
- You can download Reg Clean Pro from here
2. Once you are done with download and installation process it will show you the home screen on which you can start the scan.
3. The software will start scanning your registry and will show you the number of errors related to the components of your computer.
- Once the scan in complete you can see the detailed scan log by clicking on Error details.
- Now you can fix all the issues in just one click by clicking Fix Issues.
6. It will take few minutes to clean registry depending on the errors. The best part is first it takes a backup of registries so that in case if anything goes wrong changes can be reverted.
7. After the scan is complete successfully you will see this screen.
8. Anytime if you feel that you should restore backup of your registry then you can click on Backup registry tab and can restore back up of your registries from here.
This is how you can easily fix registry error in Windows 7 and other versions with minimal human intervention. Registry is the fuel for your system so it should be clean for smooth functioning.