“Your connection is not private”- this is the common error encountered by every one of us, & this can be seen only on Google Chrome.
Well, this privacy error in Chrome refers to a security warning from Google browser to keep your data secure from such malicious websites.
But this error message keeps flashing on trusted websites too! Now the real question arises, what to do? How to fix Your connection is not a private error.
In this article, we will reveal the best fixes to get rid of this private connection error.
Solution 1- Refresh The Webpage To Get Rid Of Privacy Error In Chrome
Well, this is the foremost solution of any webpage glitch- Refresh the Webpage. Press F5 or click on the refresh icon on the address bar to fix the problem.
Solution 2- Set Correct Time And Date To Halt Private Connection Glitch
Google Chrome is depended on the computer’s clock to verify SSL certificates. Sometimes, your system’s clock is incorrectly synced, which leads to Your connection is not a private error.
Below are the methods to set the correct time and date.
- Right-click on the date located on the toolbar and click on Adjust time and date.
- A new window of setting will appear, update date and time zone.
But, if you think date and time settings are correct in your system, and still privacy error Chrome is there. Check the next solution.
Solution 3- Updating DNS Settings
- Type Control Panel in the search box and click on the Network and Sharing Center. Don’t forget to view to Large icons.
- Now, click on Change Adapter Settings in the left pane.
- Right-click on the WiFi or Ethernet, tap on Properties.
- Here in the Properties, put a checkmark beside Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Here, click on Properties. A new pop will appear, click on Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically.
Solution 4- Check With Firewall Settings To Avoid Privacy Error In Chrome
- Go to Control Panel, and tap on Windows Defender Firewall.
- Here tap on the “Turn Windows Firewall off or on” option, located on the left pane.
- In the new window, turn off the Windows Firewall.
Check whether the Your connection is not a private error is still there or not. If the issue is not resolved with this method, don’t forget to turn on the firewall settings to stay secure from online threats.
Solution 5- Clear Data And Cache To Avoid Your Connection Is Not Private On Chrome
- Tap on three dots located on the right side of the address bar.
- Here click on More Tools and tap on Clear Browsing Data.
- Select the time range to clear caches. Tap on Clear.
Now check whether ‘your connection is not private on chrome’ error is still flashing or not.
Here is the fix to resolve ”Your connection is not private” on Windows 10. If you got any other way to resolve privacy error on chrome share in the comment box below.
We hope you liked this article. Don’t forget to upvote and share with fellow technophiles. If you want to get a newsletter for some helpful tips and tricks subscribe to us now.