iOS 11 is full of awesome features! It is one of Apple’s gigantic software update so far. We’re pretty sure you must’ve upgraded your devices to the latest software version that Apple has recently released by now. From the revamped control center, newly designed App Store, advanced Siri support, this is something you can’t resist, right?
And yes, there are a few big changes in the iOS’s default Messages app too! Well, don’t know whether you have noticed it or not but as soon as you open up a new message, you’ll find a quick access apps menu for iMessage. This can get pretty annoying if you don’t use it frequently. Fortunately, iOS offers us an option to get rid of the app icons in case you no longer want them to appear on the Messages window.
Let’s see how it works!
How To Hide App Icons From iMessage Tab
Before we proceed further, we would like to inform that you won’t be able to hide the whole bar from the bottom, but you can still save yourself from accidentally tapping on them.
Follow these steps to hide the app icons from iMessage tab:
- Open the Messages app on your iOS device and tap on any conversation. Once you open the iMessage chat box you’ll find a few app icons on the bottom of the screen. (refer below snapshot)
- Swipe the app menu bar to the left until you seen an option named as “More”.
- Once you tap on “More” a new window will appear. Select “Edit” from the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on the toggle switch next to each app to remove them from the menu bar.
- Once you disable all the app icons, tap on “Done” on the top right corner.
- Here you will see an empty white list indicating that all the apps have been hidden from the iMessage tab. To proceed further tap on “Done” once again.
- Now come back to the Messages section of your iOS device. You will now notice a plain view with all the app icons hidden from the bottom menu bar.
- That’s all folks!
So now your iMessage tab won’t be cluttered anymore! We would like to inform again that the above steps will only help you in hiding app icons and the bar itself won’t be completely hidden. But you can still save yourself by accidentally opening some app while texting. It’s not bad if it works, right?