Many times, you might have realized the need of hiding applications because you aren’t the only person who uses the phone. Sometimes you need to handover the device to your kids or friends for some reason. When it comes to locking down individual apps you will hardly find an application for free. Here is a simple and clear solution to hide WhatsApp, Facebook and other applications without any third-party app on iPhone. You are not required to download anything or jailbreak your phone. All you need to do is change some settings.
- Go to settings from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Go to General
- Navigate down to restrictions and enable it if it is not automatically enabled.
For the first time, you will be asked to set a restriction passcode and then to re-enter it.
Note: Always remember your restriction passcode.
- Now tap on Enable Restrictions.
- Now scroll down to Apps. When you will tap on apps you will see a screen like this.
- Here you will see application ratings. Simply tap on “Don’t Allow Apps” this will hide all the applications you have downloaded from the app store.
- Now press home button and you will find that there are no third-party applications visible on the home screen.
So, this is how you have successfully hidden WhatsApp, Facebook and other applications without any third-party app on iPhone. Now you can easily handover your iPhone to your kids or to anyone they will not be able to view your applications without restrictions passcode. Please remember that you will not get any notifications from the applications which are hidden.