There’s nothing more frustrating than a poor Wifi signal. Even when you’ve tried out every tips and tricks to boost the Wifi signal, you may not find a significant difference. As a last resort, you would probably want to buy a booster device — for which you must loosen your pockets a bit. However, if you’re not willing to spend money, we may be of some help to you.
Steps to Increase Wifi Range on your Android Mobile and Boost Signals:
You can enhance the Wi-Fi range on your Android smartphone by making some changes in your settings. For this, you must enable ‘Developer Options’. Here we’ve enlisted the steps and described how to increase Wifi range on your Android Mobile:
- Enable ‘Developer Options’ by going to Settings and tap on About phone.
- Scroll down to ‘Build number’ and tap it seven times in a row. It enables ‘Developers Options’ for the device.
- Go to ‘Developer Options’ and scroll down to ‘Aggressive Wi-Fi to Mobile data handover’.
- Slide it to switch on the mode.
- See the enhanced Wi-Fi signal and enjoy an increased Wi-Fi range in Android mobile.
If you don’t want to tamper with your phone settings, you can boost the Wi-Fi signals by changing the Wifi band frequency of your Android. Changing the Wifi band frequency from 2.4 GHz to 5GHz improves the Wi-Fi signals with more accuracy. You can follow the below steps to make the changes:
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Go to ‘Advanced settings’.
- Tap on ‘Wi-Fi frequency band’.
- Now select 5 GHz only.
Now, the device would use 5GHz frequency band whenever possible and maximize the signal strength of your wireless.
If you work in an office where the coverage area is larger, you can consider various applications available on Google Play Store, which allow you to create multiple Wi-Fi groups. These wi-fi groups would monitor access points and will always keep you connected to the strongest signal.
Overall, you can enjoy high speed wireless connection once you know how to increase wifi range in Android mobile. Wi-Fi frequency band would only connect to a 5GHz if you choose to, which may not be helpful if there’s a poor wireless connection. Though, if changing some settings help you get what you want, changes are good.