Now that Instagram rules the realm of image-based social media market, it also has ignited the expectations from users. Presently, Instagram lets you share photos and videos with your friends or fans and you’re also allowed to chat with your friends on smartphone-based messaging service. However, the same service isn’t featured on computer-based portal of Instagram. It becomes problematic when you’re logged in on your account using a PC or a Mac and wish to chat with your friends.
However, if you’re aware of the methods on how to Instagram DM on PC or Mac, you can simply start communicating. Else, you may either have to switch the medium of communication or follow the old school email method.
How to Instagram DM on PC or Mac?
When you’re logged in to your Instagram account through a PC or Mac and wish to chat with your friends, there are three ways you can talk.
1. How to Instagram DM on Windows: If you spend most of your time on a Windows machine, you’re in luck with Instagram app that is available for you to download for free. You can get this app installed on your Windows PC from Windows Store and login with your credentials. The app comes with Instagram Direct built in, which is the messenger feature you get in smartphone apps of Instagram. Once you’re logged in, tap on the “Direct message” to start a conversation with your friends.
2. How to Instagram DM on Mac: If you use a Mac machine or do not have access to Windows store, you can still be able to Instagram DM on Windows/Mac machines with an emulator. You can install Bluestacks, which is a free Android emulator that transforms your machine into an Android platform. Then, you can sign in with your Google account and have Instagram downloaded to your virtual Android device. You may follow the below steps to get started:
- Download and install Bluestacks from its official website by clicking here.
- Once done, log in to your Google account.
- Then, click on the “right arrow” located at the bottom right hand side corner of the screen.
- You’d be taken to Bluestacks dashboard, from there you can launch Google Play Store.
- Download and install Instagram on your virtual Android to Instagram DM on Mac or Windows.
- Now, login to Instagram and click on “Instagram Direct”.
- Select any active or inactive profile to Instagram DM on Mac or Windows.
3. Third-party applications: When you find above two ways irrelevant to what you’re able to do, you may opt for a third-party app that lets you Instagram DM on Windows and Mac. You can download and install IG:dm, which is a free and open source app that continues your Instagram direct messages from your phone to your machine.
Now that you know how to Instagram DM on Windows/Mac, it’s time to get your head around it. You may choose to go for the app to Instagram DM on Windows as it doesn’t require any higher specifications. In case you’re using a different machine, use Bluestacks to Instagram DM on Mac. you may opt for IG:dm to independently sync your Direct message on your machine that also works for Linux. If you wish to share tips and tricks for Instagram, do let us know in the comments below.