iPhone is a fully equipped gadget as it contains all the necessary apps we require. As you know, every app required modification and upgradation by its developer, once it is ready, replaces the older version in your iPhone. With every update, it adds tons of features and bug fixings, which couldn’t be introduced in the previous version.
Image Source: networkedindia.com
Updating applications in your iPhone should be a practice to be followed by you. Generally, we happen to find the update while scrolling through the App Store. However, updating the apps is as important as charging the battery. To lower your burden, we’ve suggested some ways so you’ll never have to manually update them:
- Enable Automatic Updates:
After being teased by ‘Maverick’, Sen. John S McCain III, Apple CEO introduced the feature to automatically update the apps in iOS 7. This facility helped you not to worry about any app updates.
Although, everything is good about this feature; however, if you’re not vigilant, you may end up downloading some quite big files over the telecom carrier. Here’re the steps to enable the feature:
- Go to Settings
- Select iTunes and App Store
- Switch on Updates by sliding.
- If you’re willing to download updates over cellular network, you can switch on Use Cellular Data by sliding.
- Via App Store App
App Store app is the simplest way to know if the apps are updated or not. To know the outdated apps, follow these steps:
- Tap on App Store app icon.
- In the bottom right corner, tap on Updates.
- At the top, you’ll find all the apps for which the updates are available. This is how you can update these apps-
- Tap What’s New for the detail of the available update.
- As soon as you tap the app icon or What’s New description, the app will be shown in App Store.
- Hit Update and the latest app will be downloaded on your iPhone.
See Also: How To Zoom Any Screen On Your iPhone
- Updates via iTunes:
Updating your apps through iTunes is a synching game. You’re allowed to update your apps in iTunes and then sync it to your iPhone. Follow these steps to do so:
- Login to iTunes in your computer/Mac.
- Go to apps icon in the top left corner (you can also click the View menu and select Apps or, using the keyboard, click Command+7 on a Mac or Control+7 on a PC)
- Click Updates near the top.
- You’ll be shown a list of apps with available updates.
- If your phone hasn’t been synched from a long, iTunes may show you the apps which you don’t have any more on your iPhone.
- By clicking on the app, select to Update.
- You can also hit Update All Apps in the bottom right corner.
See Also: How to Sync ‘Photos’ to iPhone
Overall, automatic updates are one of the greatest features one can provide. It saves you from being anxious about new updates and app performances. However, Automatic Updates is a big battery consumer, if battery life comes forth for you, you may reconsider enabling it. Also, it uses cellular network and result in a big data loss. If you’re not concerned about battery and data, it’s a big relief for you.