Blue Screen Of Death i.e. BSOD is an error displayed on your computer screen when there is something fatal system error on your system. If you’re getting error on your windows 10 screen, displaying ‘IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL’ then this could be an issue with your system drivers.
Such errors are intrusive, especially when you are onto a task that is quite important. The best part is that you can easily fix this error by yourself. But, before heading to the fixes you should know why error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is caused.
Why IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error Is Caused?
As stated above, the leading cause of the Blue Screen of Death error is the faulty drivers. These drivers are programmed to access improper hardware addresses. The reason is not limited to the faulty drivers, there are other reasons as well that leads to the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). What are these reasons?
Other reasons leading to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error or BSoD are inclusive of incorrect software installation, device drivers, corrupt system files, faulty hardware, and downgraded Windows installation etc.
Since you know the reasons that can cause error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on Windows 10. It is the time to know the possible fixes.
How To Fix Error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL On Windows 10?
There are many ways to fix this error showing Blue Screen of Death. The first and foremost tactic is to fix this error is by updating the outdated, incorrect and faulty drivers. For this, you are required to install updated or new drivers for your system. This can quickly be done using either the manual system settings or by using an efficient tool like- Advanced Driver Updater. It can help you fix your system performance issues that are caused due to outdated drivers.
Manual Ways To Update System Drivers To Fix IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error
Since the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL means something is wrong with any of your system drivers, device’s memory or antivirus software on your device. Here is a way you can try:
1. Check For Windows Updates
To check out for latest Windows update, follow the steps below:
- Go to Start menu > Settings > Update & Security.
- Under Update & Security, go to Windows Update > Check for Updates.
Now, restart your system to apply updates.
2. Use Device Manager To Uninstall Outdated Drivers
It is always better to finish off the cause from the root and in this case, you need to uninstall outdated and corrupted drivers to ensure fixing error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10. Most of the time, the outdated and unknown drivers will be marked with a yellow icon in front of it. So, how to fix drivers:
- Press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK. Device Manager will appear on your screen.
- Locate the faulty driver and then right-click on the device name and select Uninstall.
Now, restart your PC and your issue will probably be resolved.
Fix IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Using Advanced Driver Updater
- Download Advanced Driver Updater, install and run it.
- On the home screen you’ll see if your system driver status is updated or outdated.
- If shown outdated, you need to update the drivers and for this, click on ‘Start Scan Now’ button under Status tab .
- It will start scanning the drivers.
- Once the scan is over, you can click on Update All to update all the outdated drivers.
- Once all done, you are required to restart your PC to apply necessary changes. You can again look for outdated drivers with the same process as followed above. It is expected that the issue will be resolved.
Fix BSoD By Performing System Restore
Other than performing driver upgradation, you can also fix error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 by performing System Restore. This is the last option wherein the user can follow a few steps to fix this error code. For this- press Win+R and open Run window > type rstrui.exe and click OK. Now, click Next and select the restore point created before installation. Again, click on the Next button to restore the system to the selected date and time. Follow further instructions to complete the restoration process. Restart your PC to check if the issue is resolved or not.
What’s Your Take?
Upgrading device drivers is one of the best tactics to fix Blue Screen of Death and errors like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This error is quite common in Windows 10 and we have listed above the best possible fixes with step wise guide. Was this article helpful? Do you know any other ways to fix such errors? Share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section below.
For more tech-related content, follow us on Social Media and subscribe to our newsletter.