At some point of time, you must have permanently deleted a file (photo, audio, video, document etc) from your computer considering it irrelevant to you. Yet, you came across a situation when you needed that file (and no other substitute of it). And yet, you can’t recover it from your Recycle Bin.
Having said that, it doesn’t really mean that you can’t recover the file at all. There are various ways to find or recover deleted files on your Windows system. We have covered several ways that are absolute rescuer to recover permanently deleted files on Windows. Before we proceed any further, let’s understand if these files are permanently lost from your system or there is some other case.
You happen to delete a file for various reasons such as, when you want to recover memory space on your hard drive or the file seems irrelevant to you or alike. However, if you simply delete a file, it isn’t deleted but is placed in recycle bin, which is a direct en-route to retrieve any file. But there are times when you have unloaded recycle bin or shift-deleted (permanently deleted) a file. In this case, Windows never really removes a file rather it marks the hard disk space as being available for use by changing one character in the file table. That calls forth that you can easily find any permanently lost file like photo, audio, video, document etc, but would require a different procedure to do so. Scroll on and find steps to recover a permanently deleted file in Windows 7, 8 10 with and without using a recovery software.
Find and Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 7, 8, 10 Using a Software
Get Advanced Disk Recovery to quickly recover deleted files on your computer
One of the most popular tools for file recovery is Advanced Disk Recovery. It’s a data recovery tool that helps you find and retrieve any permanently deleted file in a few clicks.
- Install and launch the Advanced Disk Recovery tool on your Windows PC.
- Select the area from where you want to recover deleted file(s).
- Now select the drive and click on ‘Start Scan Now’ button.
- Click on either of the scanning options. Quick Scan will speedily scan master file tables while deep scan will do extensive scanning.
- All your deleted files will get listed in red font. Click on any deleted file and then ‘Recover’ button.
- Set a location for the file and click on ‘Ok’ button.
- All your deleted files will be saved in an instant.
Watch this video to learn how Advanced Disk Recovery works-
Steps To Recover Deleted Files in Windows 7 Without Using a Software
Get to the Restore Point on your system
Creating restore point is a way to backup your PC. If you have already created restore point on your system, you’ll be able to recover any permanently deleted file in a jiffy.
- Click on Start button.
- Select Control Panel> System and Security> System> System Protection.
- Click on Create and type description.
- Now click on Create
Once you have created Restore Point on your system, you can anytime restore your files. To restore your files, follow the steps below.
- Click on Start button.
- Select Control Panel> System and Security> System> Backup and Restore.
- To restore your files, either choose Restore my files or Restore all users’ files.
- To look through the content of the file, either select Browse for files or Browse for folders. The former will let you see file content while the latter will take you to files contained in a folder
- You can also search for files in search tab with a part of or full file name.
Refer to the File History on your system
You can also find a file via its history on your system. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Click on Start button and type File History.
- Now select File History folder.
- After this, type the file name in search bar and click on restore button. This will save the file at same destination as it was on earlier.
- If you don’t want to save the file on the same destination, then click and hold the restore button and select ‘Restore To’ and direct the new location.
These are some of the ways to find and recover permanently deleted files (photos, audio, video) on Windows 7, 8, 10 PC but if you have lost your important files and desperately want them back, then getting yourself third party app such as Advanced Disk Recovery which could seamlessly recover your lost files, is a good option. Try it now and get relieved of the worries of losing your files ever. If you face any issues, you can comment in the comment section below.