SMS (Short Message Service) is very common to all the cellphone users. Since it does not require data services to send and receive text messages, hence it is still the most preferred messaging service. Apart from its instant delivery, an SMS can be scheduled for any time as per user need; this feature is mostly used to send some wishes in text format, for example- birthday wishes or anniversary wishes. However, this can be only done if you have the scheduling feature provided in your cellphone, else you will have to use some third-party app.
At present, it is commonly seen that MIUI based smartphones are very popular amongst users of different countries. Therefore, if you are using MIUI based or Xiaomi smartphone, you are one of the lucky ones who can schedule SMS without installing any third-party apps.
Steps To Schedule SMS In MIUI Smartphones
Some of the MIUI users already know how to schedule SMS in Messaging app of their phone. However, if you are not aware of it, then you can do it from by following the steps provided below:
- Open Messaging app and tap on New Message sign from below.
- Now enter the phone number of recipient from top, then type your message in the text message field.
- Select the Sim card from right side, by which you wish to send SMS (only if you are using dual sim in your device).
- Then tap on + sign from left of your typed message.
- Now tap on Timed option to proceed.
- Here tap on date which is shown first and then change it as per your need from below.
- Similarly, tap on time from second line and set it from below.
- Then press on OK from top.
- Now just tap on send icon
So, these are the very easy steps by which you can schedule SMS as per your choice of date and time. Once you tap on send arrow, your device will list your message in the SMS list along with the time which is remaining in sending that SMS.
Must Read: How To Delete Junk Files On Android
Suggestion: If you are choosing the time for long period such as one week or more, then I suggest pinning that SMS, so that it will always displayed at top of the SMS list. This will help you to remember that occasion and you can edit and reschedule it if required. To pin an SMS, just long tap on your scheduled SMS and choose Pin option from bottom of the app window.
Hope this will be helpful for you in wishing your dear ones at correct time, even if you forget it.
Next Read: How To Schedule WhatsApp Messages On Android