Watching the story of a friend or following could be a usual routine for an Instagram user. You might often take screenshots of the Story that you like and want to keep them with you. Earlier, you could take a screenshot and the user who would have posted it would not have any idea. However, Instagram is testing a feature in which taking a screenshot of the public Instagram story could now alert the user.
How to Screenshot Instagram Story Without them knowing
This is a new way of proving that Instagram cares about the privacy of users. The social media giant will also notify the people taking a screenshot with “next time you take a screenshot or screen recording, the person who posted the story will be able to see.”
If you still want to take a screenshot of a Story of a user then there are some workarounds for the same. In this post, we have listed various ways to take screenshot Instagram Stories without Notifying user.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Whenever a user takes a screenshot of someone’s Instagram Story, the user who posted the story may get notified. Instagram will soon bring a new section which would list down who viewed or took a screenshot of your Story. To differentiate between the two, you will see a little-dotted circle next to the name of a user who has taken a screenshot.
If you take a screenshot of Instagram Stories for the first time, you will get a notification that next time you take a screenshot the user will be notified.
Ways to Screenshot Instagram Stories Without Notifying User
We have listed some hacks which help you sneak past the Instagram latest feature of notifying the user that you have taken a screenshot of their Instagram Stories.
1. Airplane Mode
This is the safest method that you can use to take screenshot Instagram Stories without notifying a user. Follow these steps to get the job done:
- Launch the Instagram app, go to the Instagram Story of which you want to take a screenshot. Let the Story load
- Turn on Airplane Mode. This step will turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular data and all the connected wireless device. To turn on an iOS device, pull up the Control Center and click on Airplane mode icon. On Android, you can turn it on from the notification tray or from Settings as well.
- Now, go to the Instagram app, click on the Story you want to take a screenshot. Use the usual keys that you use to take a screenshot.
- After taking a screenshot and wait for a while, Quit the Instagram app. Now, turn off the Airplane Mode, the same way you have turned it on.
2. Use Instagram’s Website
Instagram has its own fully functional website apart from the mobile app so that users can access social media on their desktops as well. Well, you can use the website on your smartphones as well. You can view feed, post photos and view Instagram Stories. However, you can’t send a DM from the Instagram Website.
The best thing about using Instagram in a web browser is that you can take a screenshot of Instagram Stories without being caught.
- To do that, Go to Instagram.com.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Open Instagram Stories located in the right corner of the screen.
- Open the desired Story, take a screenshot just as you take on your PC or any other device.
3. Use Third-party app
a) Story Saver for Instagram For Android
Getting a third-party app is also a good solution. For Android, install Story Saver for Instagram for Android.
- Install the app and it will ask you to log in.
- Once logged in, Story Saver for Instagram will show you Instagram Stories that appears on your Instagram feed.
- Go to the user and check all their stories.
- Tap on a thumbnail to get options such as Save, Repost, and Share.
- Choose Save to save the image or video. The saved image and video will appear in your Gallery.
b) Repost App For iPhone
Similarly, you can install a third-party app for iOS to save Instagram Stories. Repost can be considered as one of the reliable apps that could get the job done for you.
- Install Repost and sign in with your Instagram ID.
- You will get an interface which looks like an Instagram official app.
- Go to the user and view their Stories.
- Tap on the one for which you want to take a screenshot, tap on the three-dotted menu button, select Save option.
- You can view the photo or video in the Photos app.
So, these are the ways to screenshot Instagram Stories without notifying the user. Try them and keep your favorite stories with you. Do you know any other hacks?? If yes, then please let us know in the comments section below.