Apple always strive for the best and that’s the reason it always caters to perfection. With its continued endeavors towards engaging more and more customers, it also makes sure that the features it provides to its customers are top-notch and useful at the same time.
Be it Mac or iPhones, Apple keeps on adding new and interesting features that provide ease of access to the users.
Does anyone one of you know that your Mac can also function as a Wireless hotspot. Behaving as a wireless hotspot means that other devices can connect using the hotspot. Mac versions above Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mavericks and later version all support the Internet Sharing option.
With Internet Sharing option enabled on your Mac, it starts behaving as a Wi-Fi hotspot that all the nearby gadgets like your iPhone, iPad etc. can use to get online.
To some it may be still a question of what exactly the need of it is, well read on the following points to know the advantages of making your Mac into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Don’t possess a physical wireless router, you can now make you Mac behave like one.
- You need to use Internet on your wireless device such as your iPhone or iPad but only have wired Ethernet connection, turn on Internet sharing on your Mac and make it work like a Wi-Fi hotspot.
It may seem to be a tedious task to turn your Mac into a Wi-Fi hotspot, however is extremely simple to accomplish.
How to Turn Your Mac into a Wi-Fi Hotspot:
Note: Make sure you Mac is running on version OS X Lion (10.6) or later.
In order to turn your Mac into a Wi-Fi hotspot follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- From System Preferences, locate the option named Sharing and click on it.
- From the Sharing window, click on the option named Internet Sharing from the sidebar and then check mark the option Wi-Fi from the sidebar.
- Once you have check marked Wi-Fi option, now check mark the option Internet Sharing.
- As soon as you check mark Internet Option, you will get a popup message that says, “Are you sure you want to turn on Internet Sharing?”. Click on Start to turn on Internet Sharing.
Once you have enabled the Internet sharing option, your Mac will then work as a Wi-Fi hotspot. You can easily connect your devices to the Wi-Fi hotspot and easily get online without getting worried.