Apple Pay is one of the classiest ways to trade online and offline instantly with just a click, touch or by showing Face ID. You can use Apple Pay on Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch to make secure purchases in stores, in apps, and on the web. Also, with Apple Pay, you can send/receive money from your contacts right from Messages. It is indeed a hassle-free tool to make secure payments. But, do you know how to use Apple Pay on iOS devices? How does Apple Pay really work?
This is a brief guide on how to set up and use Apple Pay on iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch. Take a tour to this quick guide and all your questions will be answered.
What Is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is Apple’s own feature that you can use to buy things instantly by tapping on your device, while checkout. This feature is open to all iOS devices from Mac to Apple Watch so, if you have any of these things nearby, you can use it for further payments. With Apple Pay, you’ll be at so much ease as you will not be worried if in case you forget your wallet sometimes at home. You’ll never be out of money if you learn how to use Apple Pay on iPhone and other devices. To use Apple Pay, you’ll need to have an iPhone 6 or newer.
How To Use Apple Pay On Different iOS Devices
How To Use Apple Pay On iPhone?
Follow the steps below to add card on your iPhone to use it on Apple Pay :
- On your iPhone, open the Wallet
- Tap the ”+” button and tap Continue.
- Now, take your Debit/ Credit card out and position your phone’s camera over it.
- It will auto-accept your card details. To confirm, press “Next.”
- Now, you’ll have to enter your card’s CVV number. It is either a 3 or 4-digit number located at your card’s backside.
- Tap “Next” and checkmark to the terms of service.
- Your card is added to your wallet. Repeat the same steps to add additional cards.
Once the card is added, you can shop anytime and anywhere. If you have the latest iPhone with no home button, you’ll have to double-tap the Power button and your cards will appear. Otherwise, for the iPhone with Home button, you’ll have to open Wallet app and then verify yourself by holding your finger on the Touch ID.
Now, bring your phone closer to the contactless terminal or device. And, the payment is done. Isn’t it quick and easy? You can use it on any of your iOS devices. Read further to know how?
How To Use Apple Pay On Mac?
To use Apple Pay on Mac you just require a Mac with Touch ID fingerprint reader or any other model after 2012. To use Apple Pay on Mac, add a card by following steps below:
Go to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay > Add Card > Select card you’ve already set up on your iPhone and confirm CVV.
Now, agree to the terms to start using it on Mac. To pay on any website you’ll have to select Apple Pay as an option and choose a card for payment. Verify yourself using either your iPhone, Mac or an Apple Watch.
How To Use Apple Pay On iPad?
To use Apple Pay on iPad, you just have to follow similar steps like Mac and iPhone. Add a card on your iPad using the following steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Locate Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Now, go to Add Card.
- Just like an iPhone, position your iPad’s camera over your card and it will automatically pull in the card number.
- Tap Next and confirm.
- Enter CVV and agree to Terms of service.
- That’s it. You’re done.
To pay on any website you’ll have to select Apple Pay as an option and choose a card for payment. Verify yourself using either your iPhone or an Apple Watch. And the payment is done.
How To Use Apple Pay On Apple Watch?
To use Apple Pay on Apple Watch, you need to first follow the process to activate Apple Pay on iPhone. Then, you can add cards to your Apple Watch to buy stuff and make payments. But do you know how to add cards using your Apple Watch? If not, here’s the process:
- On your iPhone, open Apple Watch app.
- Go to ‘Wallet and Apple Pay’ and select the option of ‘Add Card’.
- Click Continue to proceed.
- Now, select the card on you wish to buy stuff from. That card should already be added on your iPhone.
- Enter CVV digit (3-digit or 4-digit code at the back of your Debit/Credit card).
- Agree to the terms and it’s done.
Now, that you have added card, you can now make payments through Apple Pay. To buy stuff, follow the steps below:
- Tap twice on the power button located on the side of your Apple Watch.
- Your Apple Watch will display the saved cards. Swipe the one you choose to make payments.
- Now, hold the Apple Watch near the reader and you can then buy anything using Apple Pay.
Is Apple Pay Safe?
Yes, the biggest advantage of using Apple Pay is its privacy benefits. Apple ensures that it never tracks your transactions and keeps all your confidential information safe without sharing it to any merchant’s site or wherever you make purchases.
Where Can I Use Apple Pay?
Everywhere, from online stores to offline stores to cafes to gas stations, Apple Pay can be used anywhere. Usually, you can see its symbol outside offline stores or on websites, if they are accepting payments through Apple Pay. Or otherwise, you can always ask the store owner if they accept payments through Apple Pay or not.
In The End
That’s it! We hope that this guide will help you to learn how to use and set up Apple Pay on iPhone, Mac and iPad for quick payments both online and offline stores. Have you ever used Apple Pay? If not, use it now onwards for secure and reliable payments over the internet. Just tap and your payments are done.
Now that you are pretty sure on how to use Apple Pay for quick payments, don’t miss giving it a try.
Stay tuned with us at Systweak for more tech-related content.
Don’t miss to like us on Social Media.