Social media keeps on finding new ways to keep us glued to our Smartphones and laptops all day long. The latest buzzword in the social media world is “Stories”. From Facebook to Instagram to Snapchat, no matter which account we use there are stories everywhere! But did you know you could GIPHY stickers and GIFs and add it to your Instagram and Snapchat stories?
Well, Instagram and Snapchat have supported GIPHY since a long time but recently due to a racial slur, GIPHY was blocked by both Instagram and Snapchat. But the good news is that GIPHY is finally coming back! GIPHY has apologized for embedding such offensive content in their library and have even reviewed their entire sticker library four times in an effort to guarantee that any sort of offensive content won’t end up in apps.
So, now as both Instagram and Snapchat have reinstated GIPHY support let’s see how we can add them to our stories and make them livelier!
How to Use GIPHY GIFs on Instagram
Adding GIFs to your Instagram is absolutely easy! Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch Instagram and make a new Story like you usually do by taking a picture or video.
- Now tap on the Stickers icon on the to-right corner.
- In the second row, you will see a new GIF icon with a search bar. Tap on it.
- Here you can select any GIF of your choice and tap to add it to your Instagram Story.
- You can even type something in the search bar if you’re looking for something specific say cat, car or maybe be any emotion like happy, confused etc.
You can even add multiple GIF stickers on your stories, resize them and place em’ anywhere you like!
Read Also : Best Apps for Creating GIFs on iPhone for Free
How to Use GIPHY GIFs on Snapchat
To use GIPHY stickers on Snapchat follow these quick steps:
- Open Snapchat and make a new story.
- Now tap the Sticker icon in the top right corner. (The small folded square shaped icon)
- Now, inside the Stickers menu, go to Giphy section.
- Select any GIF sticker of your choice and tap on it to add it to your Snapchat story.
- You can drag it anywhere and even pinch to resize it.
- If you’re looking for something specific say a spaceship or birthday cake, you can type it on the search bar to see all relevant GIFs.
So folks, here’s how you can add GIPHY GIFs to your Instagram and Snapchat stories. Now your stories will be more lively and colorful for sure! Get read and start using it right away as your Instagram and Snapchat Stories feed is about to be taken over by flying cars, barking puppies, shiny glares and more.