In October 2015 YouTube offered a service that allows its users to watch videos and stream music without any ads. It was basically YouTube without ads. The service was later expanded to all kinds of videos and Google named it YouTube Red. In this article, let us understand what you will get in YouTube Red, its cost and how to watch YouTube Red for free.
What you will get in YouTube Red?
As we have discussed earlier you will get to watch add free videos if you are subscribed to YouTube Red but this will not include paid channels or TV or movie rentals. You may still see ads in the paid content. Another feature of YouTube Red is that you can listen to videos with your screen turned off.
How much it cost to have YouTube Red?
YouTube Red costs approximately $10 per month but if you are subscribing it from an iOS device then you may need to pay $13. Though you can get the subscription from your computer and then you can use it on any device using iOS for the same cost.
How to watch YouTube Red for free:
With all the benefits YouTube is having some paid series which you can watch exclusively on YouTube Red but if you are not in mood to spend money for it then do not worry there is a workaround to get YouTube Red for free. Though YouTube Red comes with free trial of one month and with some devices such as Google home speakers you may get 6 months free trial but still if you need free subscription of YouTube Red then you should go for this work around.
There is a third-party application which can help you to get YouTube Red for free but this application is not available on the play store so you need to download .apk file for it and then you can install it after allowing unknown sources to install applications on your device. Here is how you can do this.
- First of all, you need to allow installation of the applications from unknown sources. To do this go to settings. You will see Unknown Sources or in some devices this option is under advanced settings. In some devices the option may be named as Install Unknown Apps.
- Install New Pipe application from the given link.
https://download.cnet.com/NewPipe/3000-2071_4-77457260.html this will download the .apk file on your computer then you need to copy this file on your Android device. Alternatively, you can directly download .apk file on your Android device.
- Now open .apk file using file manager when you will install the app it will ask you for permissions allow them all and proceed further and the application will be installed.
- You are ready with the application now you just need to configure some settings in the app to watch YouTube Red for free and in high resolution.
- Tap on the hamburger(options) at the top of the app. Next go to settings and tap on video resolution to adjust the best resolution.
- That’s it now you can search for any of the YouTube Red original content such as cobra Kai or any other series and you can watch it for free in high resolution on the app.
So, if you are an Android user then it is really a great news for you that you do not need to spend a single penny to continue to your YouTube Red series.