QUOTE OF THE DAY_ Since our technology is really just an extension of ourselves, we don’t have to have contempt for its manipulability in the way we might with actual people. It’s all one big endless loop. We like the mirror and the mirror likes us. To friend a person is merely to include the person in our private hall of flattering mirrors. ~JONATHAN FRANZEN
Intel Rumored To Launch 9th Generation Processors on 1st October.
Intel to Launch 9th Generation Core desktop processors with 8 cores along with Z390 series on 1st October.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE LAUNCH?
This October 1st Intel is introducing three unlocked SKUs, and will be branded as 9th generation processors:
- Intel Core i9-9900K (8 core/ 16 thread)
- Intel Cor i7-9700K (8 core / 8 thread)
- Intel Core i5-9600K (6 core / 6 thread)
WHAT IS INTEL CORE I9-9900K?
First mainstream desktop core i9 part will have 8 Cores, 16-thread, mainstream CPU with 4.7 GHz all 8 Core boost frequency, faster than Intel’s 8086K anniversary edition. The chip will also feature 16 MB of L3 and will come with Intel UHD 620 graphics chip.
WHAT IS INTEL CORE I7-9700K PROCESSOR?
Intel’s first 8 Cores, 8 threads, i7 mainstream desktop CPU with up to 4.6 GHz clock across all cores. The chip will have 12 MB of L3 cache lower threads than the core i7-8700K but higher core count.
WHAT IS INTEL CORE I5-9600K PROCESSOR?
A 6-core and 6-thread part with 9 MB of L3 cache similar to Core i5-8600K. But when coming to clock speed it has a higher clock speed of 3.7 GHz base, 4.7 GHz boost (1 core), 4.5 GHz (2 core), 4.4 GHz (4 core) and 4.3 Ghz (6-core) all done at the same TDP of 95W.
Intel 9th Generation Core Family CPU Official Specifications:
|Processor Name||Process||Cores / Threads||Base Clock||Boost Clock||Cache||TDP||Price|
|Core i9-9900K||14nm++||8 / 16||3.6 GHz||5.0 GHz (1/2 Core)
4.8 GHz (4 Core)
4.7 GHz (6/8 Core)
|16 MB||95W||~450 USD|
|Core i7-9700K||14nm++||8 / 8||3.6 GHz||4.9 GHz (1 Core)
4.8 GHz (2 Core)
4.7 GHz (4 Core)
4.6 GHz (6/8 Core)
|12 MB||95W||~350 USD|
|Core i5-9600K||14nm++||6 / 6||3.7 GHz||4.6 GHz (1 Core)
4.5 GHz (2 Core)
4.4 GHz (4 Core)
4.3 GHz (6 Core)
|9 MB||95W||~250 USD|
|Core i5-9600||14nm++||6 / 6||3.1 GHz||4.5 GHz||9 MB||65W||TBD|
|Core i5-9500||14nm++||6 / 6||3.0 GHz||4.3 GHz||9 MB||65W||TBD|
|Core i5-9400||14nm++||6 / 6||2.9 GHz||4.1 GHz||9 MB||65W||TBD|
|Core i5-9400T||14nm++||6 / 6||1.8 GHz||3.4 GHz||9 MB||35W||TBD|
|Core i3-9100||14nm++||4 / 4||3.7 GHz||N/A||6 MB||65W||TBD|
|Core i3-9000||14nm++||4 / 4||3.7 GHz||N/A||6 MB||65W||TBD|
|Core i3-9000T||14nm++||4 / 4||3.2 GHz||N/A||6 MB||35W||TBD|
Chrome OS 68 Arrives for All Devices
Chrome 68 Arrived for Chrome OS Devices with PI Sign-in support, material design makeover and lot more
HOW TO INSTALL THE UPDATE?
To install the update head to settings > about Chrome OS > check for update. Once the update is installed you will see the version as 68.0.3440.87.
FEATURES INCLUDED IN THE UPDATE
The new build is now available for all, it contains number of bug fixes, security updates. Besides, it also includes following features:
- Unlock device using PIN
- Higher resolution image support added to the camera app.
- New Material Design 2.0 UI changes.
- Display size settings.
- External display control settings.
- Manual or automatic size adjustment of the content.
- 11r Fast BSS Transition Support.
- Select to Speak with touch/stylus only.
- Added, admin rights to enable/disable client-side native printing.
- Enabling/disabling ChromeVox through the side volume keys.
- Press and hold the side volume buttons for 5 seconds this will play an audio tone after 2 seconds.
- Continue holding, screen reader will start speaking.
- Select-to-Speak ability by selecting specific text and then pressing Search + S. This will enable selected text to be read aloud.
- Support Child account as first sign-in.
- Two new shortcuts to toggle the magnifiers on/off.
- To enable/disable full screen magnifier select Ctrl+Search+M
- To enable/disable new docked magnifier select Ctrl+Search+D