Apple Watch has come up with ways which could make interacting with your smartwatch, a different experience. So, we have got a lot of new hacks to learn to utilize most of your Apple Watch. With the newest software version, watchOS 4, numerous features are added to Apple Watch. Some of them were highlighted but some were not that eye-grabbing at first but can be very useful.
In this post, we have listed some of the lesser known tricks which will help you get most of your Apple Watch.
1. Use an Image From your Photos app as Custom Apple Watch Face:
If you don’t like the default watch faces available on Apple Watch. You can set your favorite image from your Camera Roll instead of them. Let’s take a look at how to do it:
- Navigate to Photos app on iPhone.
- Locate a photo which you want to use as a watch face.
- Tap Share icon and choose Create Watch Face.
- You can choose Photos Watch Face or can choose Kaleidoscope Watch Face if looking for anything fancy.
- Tap on Add.
- Once done, you can see a customized picture on Watch face.
If the changes can’t be seen when you need to manually update the watch face. Follow the below steps:
Force Touch on the watch face.
- Swipe on the screen to the extreme left till you get the custom picture.
- Select your custom picture.
2. Locate Your Lost iPhone
Ever been hassled searching for your iPhone at your home? Well, not anymore! Apple Watch comes with a feature to find your misplaced iPhone. To find your iPhone, follow these steps:
- On your Apple Watch, you can swipe in upwards direction to get Control Center.
- Tap on the ping icon.
- Your iPhone will start making an alarming sound.
- If you press the ping icon for a longer time, your iPhone’s LED will flash for a brief moment.
Note: This hack will work even if your iPhone is on silent mode.
3. Save Music to the Apple Watch
Keeping your favorite music on while working out can add thrill to the workout session. However, keeping your phone around while running or working out can be a little dangerous. Luckily, you can sync music from your Apple iPhone on to your Apple Watch. The music then will be stored locally, and you can listen to music without your iPhone around. Follow these steps to sync music:
- Go to Apple Watch app on iPhone.
- Choose Music you like.
- Tap on Add Music option and choose playlists you want to sync.
Note: Make sure you have placed the Watch on charge before syncing. As we are doing a wireless transfer and you might not want your Watch to die in between.
Once completed, you can play music on Apple Watch without your iPhone around. How to listen to music, you may ask? Follow these steps:
- Locate Music app on Apple Watch.
- Now Force touch on your Apple Watch, then tap Source followed by Apple Watch.
You can also pair your Apple Watch with AirPods or other Bluetooth earplugs. Once paired, you can choose Bluetooth earplugs, you can hear music on your Apple Watch.
4. Use Apple Watch To Take Photos
Apple Watch can click photos using iPhone’s camera while acting as a remote. This feature can be useful if you are placing your iPhone on a tripod or at some distance. To use the Apple Watch as a remote to click pictures, follow these steps:
- Go to the camera app on iPhone.
- Also, open Camera app on Apple Watch.
- Now place the iPhone to get a shot that you want.
- Once set, tap on the Shutter button to take the picture.
Once the picture is taken, you can view pictures on Photos app on iPhone.
5. Remove Water From Your Apple Watch After a Swim
Apple Watch Series 2 and 3 come with water resistance up to 50 meters so you can take your Apple Watch for a swim. Although, water can get inside the microphone or speaker port, which could make it less accurate for a while.
Fortunately, Apple Watch Series 2 and latest have Water Lock feature which locks your screen when you are in a swimming pool. You can unlock the screen when done, by spinning Digital Crown. When the screen gets unlocked, Apple Watch will eject water out of watch’s speaker.
You can remove water on your own. To do that, swipe in the upwards direction to get Control Center on the screen. Locate and tap the water droplet icon to start the process.
6. Apple Watch Helps You Time Travel
Have you ever imagined time travelling? With Time Travel feature in Apple Watch, it enables you to cycle different events taking place at a different period of time. It will depend on the watch face you are using, say you are using Astronomy watch face, you can get to know current phase of the moon as well when a full moon or new moon will be. To enable time travel, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings on Apple Watch.
- Click Clock.
- Turn on Time Travel.
- You can spin Digital crown and go through Calendar’s events.
7. Set Time Ahead on Apple Watch To Stay Ahead of Time
Keeping yourself ahead of time is good if you want to stay punctual. Apple Watch can help you with that. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Settings app on Apple Watch.
- Tap on Time.
- You can select time up to 59 minutes to stay ahead.
- Tap Set when it is done.
Note: No matter how ahead you are with time, the events and reminders will still alert you at the accurate time, then the fast time set on Apple Watch.
So, this is it! Now you know the lesser known Apple Watch hacks which get ignored due to other attention-grabbing features. Don’t forget to use them to use Apple Watch to its best.