Bookmarking the websites we use often is a good habit. But sometime we get so use to bookmarks that we forget web addresses. In such situation if you lose or accidentally delete your bookmarks, it could make you feel lost on the internet. If you are in the same situation and have lost Safari bookmarks, then you can follow these steps to restore lost bookmarks in safari.
- Launch Finder on the Mac.
- Now press and hold ‘option key’ for some time.
- Select “Go” and then “Library.” (The library option will appear when you hold down the ‘Option’ key.)
- Once you see library, open “Safari” folder.
- Here you will find a file called, ‘Bookmarks.plist’ that has all Safari bookmarks.
- Now, open your Time machine and select “Enter Time Machine.”
- Time Machine will now run in your Safari window. Therefore, you just need to navigate back to the time when your bookmarks are deleted accidently.
- Click “Restore” once you have reached the exact day and time.
- you can choose from two options either keeping original (which replaces the current file) or having both.
- Choose an Option as per your choice but preferably you should choose to keep both files because this will restore lost bookmarks in Safari and will allow you to keep the new ones.
See Also: 11 Ways To Secure Your MacBook
That’s it you will find that your bookmarks are restored successfully and you can use them with your new bookmarks. So now do not panic if you have lost a bookmark and you do not know the website. Simply restore your bookmarks following these steps and enjoy browsing.