Windows operating system is globally used due to its simple and user-friendly features. If talking about the taskbar clock on your Windows Desktop, then you might’ve noticed that you cannot see seconds in the clock to know precise time. Windows operating systems like Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 do not have the option to see seconds along with hours and minutes. But Windows 10 has now this feature that will help see seconds on the clock. However, by default it is not enabled and must be done manually.
So below we will explore the steps to enable seconds in the taskbar clock in Windows 10.
Steps to enable Seconds in taskbar clock:
To enable seconds in taskbar clock you just need to take help of registry editor of your Windows 10 system. However, before starting you must take special care while adding or updating information in system registry as it is powerful and important tool of the system. Misusing system registry may make your system inoperable.
Now follow the steps below:
- Firstly, start Registry Editor by typing regedit in the search box near start button and click on regedit from the search results.
- Once Registry editor get launched go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER from left panel and keep expanding it as per the registry address below:
- Once you reached to the Advanced folder, just right click on it and bring mouse pointer on New and select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Now name the new value as ShowSecondsInSystemClock.
- Double click on the newly created registry key ShowSecondsInSystemClock and change the value of Value data field to 1 and click on Ok.
- One final step is required i.e. you will need to reboot your system and you are all done.
Hope this will help you get more precise time on your PC, which wasn’t possible in previous Windows versions. So just go through these steps and enable seconds in taskbar clock of Windows 10. But again, I would like to advise you to not to modify any other registry values as it may harm your system.