If you use a computer, you’re bound to be skeptical or paranoid given the times we live in, with cybercriminals and hackers everywhere. Therefore it is important to protect your identity when online. This starts with having a secure web browser on your computer. The secure web browser not only allows you to protect your browsing activities but also secures your private information.
Wondering which browser to install? Check the list below to know about some of the most secure browsers to use while surfing online.
Before digging deep into the features of these private web browsers, let’s take a quick look:
Most Secure Web Browsers To Browse Safe
Using one of the safest internet browsers comes with perks such as Private Browsing, protection against Browser Fingerprinting, plugins, trackers and more. Let’s check out some of the most secure web browsers to download.
1. Brave Bowser
If anonymity is what you seek, then Brave browser is the one for you. Visit your favorite sites and support content creators with brave rewards.
Let’s check out the features of Brave Browser:
- Fights malware & prevents tracking, which keeps your information safe.
- Blocks phishing disables suspicious plugins
- Has HTTPS for secure, encrypted communications
- Comes with an inbuilt password manager.
|Simple interface||Still in beta|
|Loads pages 2X faster on desktop and 8X faster on mobile||Doesn’t have keys to decrypt data|
|Blocks phishing, malware, and malvertising|
2. Tor Browser
Tor Browser is one of the most secure web browsers which is a combination of Firefox browser and Tor project. It provides anonymity to websites and servers.
Let’s take at the look the features of Tor Browser:
- Encrypts data before sent over Internet and decrypts at client side.
- Allows you to access blocked websites.
- Comes with a capacity of routing data to/from hidden services & application behind a firewall.
- Has surveillance program by NSA which hides the source of communication.
|Hides you from advertisers & ISPs||NSA can track you|
|Platform to host websites using secret services||Still needs HTTPS|
|Access Blocked Websites||Slow speed|
With phishing and malware protection, Firefox is one of the private web browsers. It comes with a smart location bar which helps you get to frequently visited or recently discovered websites.
Let’s take at the look the features of Firefox:
- It enhances browsing experiences with fast speed. When used on Mac, it improves memory usage.
- It comes with smart bookmarks function which analyzes your browsing habits & creates lists of links based on it.
- Firefox Private Browsing deletes your online information such as passwords, cookies and history from your system automatically.
- It comes with tracking protection which blocks hidden trackers that collects your browsing information.
|Eliminates annoying pop-ups||Compatibility issues|
|Simple Interface||Doesn’t resume downloads automatically|
|Customize browsing experiences with extensions||Uses a huge amount of memory|
4. SRware Iron Browser
SRware Iron browser is one of the safest fastest web browsers which comes with great speed to improve your browsing experience. The browser comes with a clean interface that’s why it works for all.
Let’s take at the look features of SRware Iron Browser:
- It comes with fast site rendering and sleek design.
- With its adblock.ini extension, t blocks advertisers even Google’s Adsense and Yahoo’s YPN.
- It is portable, put it in a USB drive and take it wherever you go.
- It prevents the creation and transmission of installation IDs to Google when installed.
|Blocks browser usage statistic sharing||No Auto Updates|
|Blocks Google instant suggestions||D/L updates|
5. Comodo Dragon Browser
Comodo Dragon Browser is a private web browser which comes with advanced privacy features, great for safe and private browsing. It has the highest level of security and lightning speed.
Let’s take at the look the features of Comodo Dragon Browser:
- With inbuilt security features, it helps in a smooth browsing experience.
- Powerful browser with a user-friendly interface.
- Comes with customized plugins and add-ons.
- Scans your web pages for malicious content.
|Fast & easy to use.||Crashing issues on Windows 7|
|Lightweight||Default Settings as Google Chrome|
|Provides unsurpassed speed||Continuous updates|
WaterFox browser is one of the most secure web browsers to browse privately. This firefox based web browser is free and open source.
Let’s take at the look the features of WaterFox Browser:
- Comes with tracking protection and syncs you with regular Firefox account
- Supports the use of Java & Silverlight plugins, along with other 64-Bit NPAPI plugins.
- Complies with the GNU General Public License (GPL) for more ethical internet usage along with powerful functionalities.
- Along with fast browsing, it provides safe access to websites with integrated privacy tools.
|Good for privacy-focused users.||Slower security updates|
|Allows you to use older Firefox add-ons||Stability issues|
|It is a highly customizable browser||Less active development|
So, these are some of the private and secure browsers you can use to avoid unnecessary tracking and enhance the browsing experience.
Which Is The Safest Browser?
All the browsers mentioned in the list are secure, however, we personally recommend Brave browser. The browser comes with inbuilt protection against third-party cookies, ad trackers, browser fingerprint and other malicious content. It is not only safe for browsing but also let you earn rewards by viewing ads that respect your privacy and pass on those rewards to content creators & publishers. With all the features including script blocking, ads blocking enabled, websites will load faster, and you will get enhanced browsing experience.
Well, this is our recommendation, you can choose any of the other browsers in the list. Which one would you choose? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.