QUOTE OF THE DAY
“In Technology whatever can be done will be done” ~ Andrew S. Grov
ANDROID’S FAST PAIR TAKES AIRPOD SEAMLESS PAIRING HEADS ON
Google launches Fast Pair, the fastest way to pair your Bluetooth devices with your Android.
WHAT IS FAST PAIR?
Fast Pair is a feature that makes Bluetooth pairing seamlessly on Android running with the version 6.0 and above. It uses Bluetooth low energy along with your Android phone’s location to find Bluetooth accessories in your near proximity. To connect to any one of the devices, tap on connect and it’s done.
If you have fast pair enabled device close to your Android, your smartphone will display the product name, product image and another app compatible with it, fetched from Google servers.
IS IT REALLY THAT FAST?
To make Bluetooth pairing convenient, some of the Bluetooth devices like speakers and headphones have Near Field Communication (NFC) with it. Although, not all the Android smartphone especially the entry level and mid-range, have NFC feature. So to make it easier to connect with all the Android devices running on 6.0 and above, Google has rolled out Fast Pair.
However, it is the same old classic pairing process but with Bluetooth 5.0 and Fast Pair, the speed is going to be enhanced.
APPLE RELEASES iOS 11.1 UNDER HEAVY USER EXPECTATIONS
Apple released 11.1 yesterday and it claims to fix all the bugs and it also introduces new emojis.
WHAT IS NEW?
With Apple 11.1 release, you get more than 70 Unicode 10 emojis like pretzel, t-rex, vampire, exploding head, face vomiting, crazy face, pie, shushing face, fortune cookie, hedgehog, zebra, scarf, love your gesture and more. The new smileys are more expressive. Moreover, there are a few design changes in existing emojis such as snail, bee, whale, dolphins and more. The new designs seem to be more realistic than the older ones.
With the update, the inbuilt keyboard of your iPhone will offer you different emoji symbols, when you type an emoji-related word. Moreover, it has new camera icon under Restrictions, a new animation when you tap the status bar and also a faster unlock animation.
WHAT ARE THE IMPROVEMENTS?
With all the new things added, there are many needed improvements made with this update. The fix for reachability bug has been introduced. The update also brings the 3D Touch App Switcher gesture back which enables the iPhone users to perform 3D gesture on the left-hand side of the display to get the multitasking App Switcher interface.
Fix for one of the major bugs, WPA2 Wifi standard, which is used to secure modern Wifi networks has been released.
WHAT IMPROVEMENTS/BUGFIXES DOES IT OFFER?
- It fixes the issues of the photo appearing blurry, a slow playback of a live photo effects, addresses performance issue when swiping between screenshots. Moreover, it also resolves the issue due to which the photos might not display in People Album after you restore from iCloud Backup.
- With the release of iOS 11, some of the major accessibility issues were addressed such as voiceover access is improved for multi-page PDFs, the issue with VoiceOver rotor actions for announcing incoming notifications has been fixed etc.
- It addressed the issue wherein you get the cleared mail notifications on your lock screen again.
- It also fixed the issue wherein 3rd party GPS accessories cause imprecision in location data.
- It also addressed the issue wherein the app icons were missing with the notifications on Apple Watch.
So, these are bug fixes and improvements introduced by Apple with iOS 11.1