Things sure looked bleak for Nintendo with the lackluster response to their handheld Wii U back in 2012. But with the introduction of Nintendo Switch, it certainly sparked new life into the once legendary gaming company. Switch is a combination of home console and handheld. We know this might sound like a gimmick to some but Nintendo totally delivers on what they claim with Switch.
The hybrid console is first of its type to give a chance to play games on a big screen. Multiplayer can use the detachable Joy-Con controllers to play games on your TV for large screen view. Nintendo Switch dock comes with an HDMI cable to connect to your TV and you are ready to go to war with your family (In game!).
Let’s take a look at what you get inside box when you purchase Nintendo Switch. Main components you get along are-
- Nintendo Switch Console,
- Left and Right Joy-Con controllers
- Black coloured dock,
- Joy-Con grip,
- Joy-Con strap accessories,
- HDMI cable,
- Nintendo Switch AC Adapter.
Nintendo Switch Features
- The sleek but firm console with a 6.2 inches screen which is 9.4 inches in total with controllers attached. Display of the 1280 x 720 capacitive touch screens. Video output of 1080p on TV mode and 720p on inbuilt screen is pleasant.
- You can use it in handheld mode or with Tablet mode placed in front of you with Joy-Con Controllers in your hands. Each Joy-Con controller can be used independently for two player games. The motion control buttons and the stick on it work smoothly.
- A Joy-con grip is included in box of Nintendo switch. It is basically a take on traditional form of video game controllers which comes as an additional option. Attach the Joy-Con controllers to grip for making it useful to one player. You can get more accessories to be used with the Console such as Joy Con Pro Controllers.
- More in the accessories of Nintendo Switch, you get Joy-Con straps to use it separately. It does not allow the controllers to slip off your hands. That can be easily fixed on the side of Joy-Con and with buttons to turn it for dual control for multiple players.
- Amazing feature which lets you shift from your big screen to console back and forth is trouble free. Making it stand out for gamers as you might need to switch between the screens sometimes for better viewing. Dock you get along to fit in Switch to play games on TV screen consists of USB ports at the back.
- 2TB of storage can be used with a microSD card slot under the kickstand. Game card slot is placed nicely on console to provide you with the option of not using much of internal storage (32GB)
- Games- Both physical and digital games are available. In the form of cartridges to be placed in assigned slots, or you can get games from Nintendo store. Famous games – Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are most loved games of Nintendo.
- Photo button on Joy-Con will capture screen and edit it or post it to Twitter and Facebook.
- Battery- 4310 milliamp, an average of 3 hours play on a full charge. USB Type-C charger is required for Both console and Joy-con. Battery can last up to 2.5 hours to 6 hours depending on graphic requirements of game you choose to play.
- Sound effects are pretty nice for system with a stereo system, 3.5mm audio jack is also provided.
Parental Control, Internet settings, data management, screen lock, screen brightness and change the orientation of Joy-Cons. Themes present in system are the basic white and black. Transfer Amiibo information to your device along with Mi account which will let you create a Mii character. Manage software will help you to install or uninstall programs. Add users for easy access to play games preferred by one. Calibrate your device or change TV resolution, or grips for Joy-cons.
Airplane mode is available for this wireless device will be used along flight time too.
You can adjust Auto sleep mode for when connected to TV which by default is set on 1 hour. You can Set Screen lock for the time your device goes on Auto-sleep.
Change the controller settings for grips on Joy-Con as horizontal or vertical.
- Structure – Very comfortable.
- Comes with additional accessories
- Switch screens without interrupting the game.
- A screen protector is needed as it is not smudge-proof.
- Flimsy kickstand on uneven surfaces.
You can also get Nintendo switch in gray color where Joy Cons are both in the same gray tone. Another version of the Nintendo Switch Pokémon Pikachu with a Pokémon patterned switch and yellow and brown joy cons is also available with certain differences.
You have to get the most innovative to enjoy the benefit of playing games as a home console and also on the go. If you are an avid fan of video games, it would be a perfect fit for you. This has sold over 32 million units till date and people love it. We would very much recommend you getting this very stylish gaming console for a different experience. With thousands of games present in the gaming library of Nintendo, one can always find what they are looking for. You get the advantage of the portability over all other gaming systems which are restricted to the TV screen.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get more tech updates. Find us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.