Summary: Microsoft 365 is innovative suite designed to help you become more productive with intelligent cloud service, meticulously designed office apps, and world-class security.
What Is Microsoft 365?
Office 365 is renamed as Microsoft 365. It is the productivity cloud designed & developed by Microsoft to offer the best services under one suite. It comprises best-in-class Office apps, advanced security features, and intelligent cloud services.
Why The Name Change?
According to Microsoft, the idea behind the name change was to be ‘more reflective of the range of features and benefits in the subscription.’ It brings you the whole suite of apps & services; you are already enjoying under Office 365 suite.
What Is The Difference Between Office 2019 (One-Time Purchase) And Microsoft 365 (Subscription)?
Office 2019 is sold as a one-time purchase plan. It means you won’t get upgrades with it. While Microsoft 365 is a subscription based plan where you can upgrade services to explore more features & benefits. Here, you can expect additional features, security updates, and fixes along with ongoing tech support.
What Does This Mean For Existing Office 365 Subscriber?
It merely means your Office 365 subscription will be renamed Microsoft 365 automatically. You will continue to get benefits & features as they are released. No action is needed from your end.
Microsoft 365 Is Compatible With Which Devices?
Microsoft 365 is compatible with all major devices, including PC, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Microsoft 365 User Versions
Microsoft 365 is available for all requirements. It offers 3 different versions to fulfill the user’s needs. These versions include:
- For Home
- For Business
- For Enterprise
For Home Users
Home users version is available for families, individuals, and students. You can find different plans for these user categories. With Home users’ plans, you get a chance to become more organized, creative, and secure. You can install Office apps on all your favorite devices effortlessly. Here, you get access to all assistance features as soon as they are released in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Features of Home User Plan
- Offers AI-powered smart assistance feature in Word to help you write like a pro.
- With Microsoft Editor, you will get intelligent writing assistance in your favorite apps, including documents, emails, and websites.
- With Money feature in Excel, you can manage all your financial accounts in one place.
- Comes with hundreds of templates to choose from in PowerPoint.
- Offers 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage to help you back up your files.
- Helps you back up your essential folders automatically on your PC.
- Offers the OneDrive Personal Vault feature to add a layer of protection to secure data.
- Microsoft 365 Family Plan Starts from $99.99/year
- Microsoft 365 Personal Plan Starts from $69.99/year
- Office Home & Student 2019 Plan Starts from $149.99/one-time purchase
Also Read: Office 365 vs Office 2019: Which is better?
For Business Users
For business users, Microsoft 365 plans are available for small businesses, new businesses, and schools. Use robust business plans to enhance employees’ productivity by helping them to connect people, information, and content they need. It comes loaded with Office apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more), email & calendar apps, Microsoft Teams chat, calls, meetings, and more.
Features of Business User Plan
- Offers 1 TB of OneDrive storage to help you manage your files effortlessly.
- Helps you protect against malware, viruses, ransomware, phishing attempts, and other threats.
- With advanced security features, it keeps your customer data safe against unauthorized access, cybercriminals, and accidental deletion.
- With simplified IT management options, it helps you set up and manage devices, users, and data effortlessly.
- You also find web and mobile versions of Office apps for easy access.
Additionally, it offers features for file storage & sharing, teamwork & communication, security & compliance, support & deployment, tools to build and manage your business, and more.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic starts from $5 user/month
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard starts from $12.50 user/month
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium starts from $20.00 user/month
For Enterprise Users
With Microsoft 365 enterprise version, you get a chance to connect and empower every employee. It helps you enhance productivity and drive innovation at work. You can use enterprise version to unleash your best ideas with all your favorite apps, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc. It also offers apps such as Outlook and Exchange to help you stay organized and connected with clients.
Features of Enterprise User Plan
- With SharePoint and Yammer apps, you get a chance to stay connected across your organization with enterprise social networking, intelligent, and mobile intranet options.
- It offers easy sync feature to help you access content across devices anytime, anywhere. To do this, it offers apps like OneDrive, Stream, and Sway.
- Using Microsoft 365 Enterprise version, you can easily organize work across teams, individuals, and organizations. To do this, it offers apps like Power Apps, Power Automate, Planner, and To-Do.
- MyAnalytics and Power BI Pro helps you make informed decisions with advanced analytical capabilities.
- With Azure Active plans, it offers efficient identity and access management.
- Microsoft 365 E5 Plan Starts from $57.00 user/month
- Microsoft 365 E3 Plan Starts from $32.00 user/month
- Microsoft 365 F3 Plan Starts from $10.00 user/month
If you are an existing Office 365 user, then you can expect some revolutionary changes with Microsoft 365 to experience some great features. Otherwise, you can try this powerful productivity suite to perform numerous tasks effortlessly. Try Microsoft 365 and stay productive. Share your experience in the comments below.