All of you are probably aware of the spread of the Corona Virus, also known as Covid-19, which has resulted in small Pandemic across the globe. The virus is communicable, and the best way to fight it is to stay isolated as much as possible. Many companies are trying to provide Work From Home, and this arises the need for using online meeting software or video conferencing software to ensure that the business activities can be completed.
Video Conferencing Software and other online meetings platforms have become necessary for organizations to carry their business across the globe. These applications ensure that the employees can either work from home or from a different country altogether. It eliminates the issue of having difficulties while working in different time zones and during office relocations and renovations.
Here are the best Online Meeting Software for Video Conferencing in High Quality
One of the best online meeting software available is GoToMeeting which is developed by LogMeIn. LogMeIn has been offering successful remote sharing between computer for over a decade now, and it is obvious that any online sharing miracle had to come from the same creators. GoToMeeting provides flawless audio and video conferencing platform as well as the ability to share the screen.
- No difference between Mobile and computer versions.
- Users can alter the image and call quality from the settings depending on the number of users.
- Chat options during video conferencing.
- Available in all major OS platforms like Mac, Windows, iOS and Android.
- Although the quality is excellent, but the cost is a bit higher than other software in this category.
The standard plan is available for $14 per month, which can be discounted to $12 per month if the subscription is taken for a year. The number of participants is limited to 150.
The business plan is slightly higher at $19 per month and can be discounted to $16 for a year’s subscription. The limit of participants that can join is 250.
Also Read: Best Video Call Software for Windows PC
2. CyberLink U Meeting
Another one to make it to the list of the best online meeting software is U Meeting developed by Cyberlink. The headquarters of CyberLink hasbeen established in Taiwan since 1996. It has developed a lot of CD/DVD software and has now ventured in the field of video conferencing software. This web conferencing software by the name of U Meeting has a unique feature known as PerfectCam, which allows users to apply computer generated makeup to their faces so that they can appear in a more presentable way.
- It is free to use with Basic Plan.
- Web based online meeting platform.
- The quality of video is remarkable and depends on the connection.
- PerfectCam is an astonishing feature limited to U Meeting only.
- No application even for mobile users.
- No video recording feature.
- Users cannot dial into meetings using VOIP system
The Basic Plan can facilitate 25 participants up to 30 mins is priced at $0 (free).
The Pro 50 plan is priced at $30, which can facilitate 50 participants for a 24-hour single session.
Next is the Pro 100 plan, which can accommodate 100 members to a single meeting.
3. Zoom Meetings
One of the most popular online meeting software that is used by 10 million + users is Zoom Meetings. Probably the pretty reasonable cost is one of the main reasons for such a wide user base across the globe. Apart from its low pricing, it is easy to use and has a quick setup both on computer and mobile devices.
- Low priced as compared to other web conferencing software.
- Supports 1000 participants and 49 videos in a single session.
- Meetings can be saved on the local drive or cloud along with transcripts.
- Team chats are stored in an archive for a maximum of 10 years.
- Offers 256-bit TLS encryption for meetings and files.
- There are other cheaper alternatives in the market.
The basic plan, packed with a lot of features is free and can accommodate up to 100 people.
The Pro plan, which is appropriate for small teams costs $15 with team administration and management tools.
The final Business plan cost $20 per month with the ability to add 300 participants in one session.
BlueJeans is a video conferencing software that was founded in 2009 in California. Ever since, it has been providing its customers with solutions to cloud-based issues and online meeting platforms. It supports all major OS like Windows, Android, iOS and macOS and offers Dolby voice feature. The features as compared to other online meeting software are less, and that is the reason the software is available as a trial version for 30 days.
- Easy to install and use.
- Reasonably priced.
- Offers Dolby voice.
- Trial version for 30 days can help determine all pros and cons before subscribing.
- Does not have many features as compared to others on this list.
- Video conferencing has certain negligible issues.
There is no free basic version. Instead, BlueJeans offers a 30-day free trial.
The second plan available costs $15 per month with 50 participants.
The final plan is priced at $20 and allows 75 participants to join one session.
Another video conferencing software that you can use is Lifesize which was developed since 2003. It has main offices located in the USA and Germany. Users can experience HD online meeting software and a cloud-based collaboration platform.
- The basic version is free.
- There is no limit on recording video calls.
- Lifesize also supports 4k video conferencing
- The prices are higher than other web conferencing software.
The basic plan is free but is limited to use withonly 8 participants.
The standard plan, which is next, costs $17 per month and allows 100 participants.
The next plan of Lifesize goes cheaper at $15 per month and allows 300 participants and offers real-time meeting in-sights.
The final plan supports 1000 participants and is priced at $13.
6. Google Meet
Google is everywhere, especially when it comes to providing solutions for issues that occur online. To provide a solution for online meeting platforms, Google introduced G Suite office, which provides the best conferencing experience. Google Meet was created for business needs and has an easy to use and quick interface.
- This is a web application and requires no downloads.
- It provides a dedicated dial-in number for travelling employees.
- Although it can be used as web application there are dedicated apps for Android and iOS only.
- Google Meet application can sync with other Google applications and use data if required.
- It is cheaper than most of the other video conferencing software on the list.
- The basic version is not free like another software offer.
The basic plan is as low as $3 per month and allows up to 100 participants only.
The standard plan is also less priced as $10 per month and allows 150 members.
The Enterprise version is slightly higher than others and priced at $25 per month with 250 joinees.
Another way to hold an online meeting using a video conferencing software is through Microsoft’s own online meeting software known as Skype. It is very popular and a household know software, which supports 50 participants in the free version.
- Preinstalled in all Windows OS computers and easily available for Android, iOS and macOS devices.
- Has been used by many as it was one of the first online meeting software.
- Users can be invited by using their email address.
- Includes live subtitling of conversations and records video, audio and chats as well.
- Users can blue backgrounds to focus on one specific person from the group.
- Skype does not have applications support as Google.
The basic plan for Skype is free, which last for a 30-day trial only.
The next plan supports 100 participants and is priced at $10.
The final enterprise version is priced at $20 per month.
As the name suggests, Free Conference is an excellent online meeting platform for small international meetings. It does not require any software to be installed and works through the web version. However, there are specifics for mobile users only if needed. It allows the user to place a call, conduct a video conference or uses text to chat as well. The features include screen and file sharing.
- Screen share and file share.
- Record calls.
- Allows the users to manage, schedule and configure meetings with ease.
- Allows YouTube streaming in the Pro version
- All transfer of data and messages are secured with encryption.
- Quite expensive as compared to its competitors.
- It does not have a dedicated application for desktops and is dependent on web browsers.
The free version allows only 5 web participants.
The starter pack, which is priced at $10 per month allows up to 10 members.
Further, there is a plus version for $25 and 50 participants.
The Pro Version is available for a rather high price of $34 and allows only 100 web participants.
9. Cisco Webex Meetings
After decades of manufacturing routers and modems, Cisco has become popular in providing online solutions across the globe like a video conferencing software. It helps people to work remote from home and provided unlimited usage, which is acts as a relaxant in many cases. Security was never a concern with Cisco and also facilitates taking remote of systems across the globe.
- Personal meeting room
- Screen Sharing
- HD video call quality
- Cloud storage depending on the plan subscribed
- A bit over-priced as compared to its competitors.
- Does not have special tools support like Google and Zoom Meetings.
- No dedicated app for computers.
There is a trial version for 30 days, and it allows 200 participants
The starter plan is for $13.50 per month, and included up to 50 participants.
The next plan is for $18 and allows 100 joiners with GB cloud storage space.
The Business plan is similar to the trial version and allow 200 members to join at one time and is priced at $27 per month.
Also Read: Best Video Conferencing Software
10. Google Hangouts
The final one to make the list of the best online meeting software for short and quick conferences is Google Hangouts. It is different from Google Meet and is lightweight web conferencing software for holding quick talks between small groups of people. It can facilitate chatting among 150 members and video calls up to 10 persons in one session. The speed and convenience are unmatched to any other software or online meeting platforms.
- Supported on Windows and macOS as well as Android and iOS.
- Fastest and easy to use.
- Secured with 256 encyrption.
- Free to use
- Default install in Android smartphones
- Can invite-only 10 attendees for a video call.
- No desktop app is available.
What are online meetings called?
The online meetings help for professional purpose is known as Web Conferencing as a collective term. This includes a different form of web meetings such as webinars, webcasts, and web meetings. These meetings remove certain obstacles between two people, such as time zone, location, distance, and work conditions.
Why is Zoom so popular?
Although as simple as it sounds, holding an online meeting is a difficult task which requires to connect several people from different location across the globe and bring them to one meeting. The challenges faces here are different ISPs with different network settings and speeds. But to unite all of them in one session and facilitate a perfectly executed meeting can only be done by one of the best video conferencing software. Zoom Software has been able to achieve all this flawlessly time after time and also offers a free version, making it one of the most popular web conferencing software.
Which is better Zoom or GoToMeeting?
Both Zoom and GoTo Meeting are amazing software, and it depends on whether you want to have a large business meeting in which case GoToMeeting would be appropriate. And for personal and small office meetings with less than 20 members, you can use Zoom online meeting software.
Your thoughts on the best Online Meeting Software for Video Conferencing in High Quality
Do share your thoughts on which software would you install in the comments section below and Follow us on social media – Facebook and YouTube. For any queries or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section below. We would love to get back to you with a solution. We post regularly on the tips and tricks along with solutions to common issues related to technology. Subscribe to our newsletter to get regular updates on the tech world.