Who They Are
ID Watchdog has proved its existence since last 13 years in the market ensuring identity theft invariably impossible. Mr. Craig Ramsay founded this company with a group of credit professional in June 2005 located at Denver, Colorado and stocked their name in country’s leading top 5 companies in Identity Theft protection services. ID Watchdog initially spent its 2 years in consulting with leaders from law enforcement, banking, credit firms, judicial representatives, and information privacy. Apart of Identity Protection, in 2007 ID Watchdog released its official platform to provide individual services, insurance partners, employee benefits, and private healthcare exchanges. Witnessing its success, Equifax – a global information solution company, acquired ID Watchdog in 2017.
- Credit Monitoring: ID Watchdog provides you access to receive credit monitoring report from one or all nationwide credit bureaus (Experian, TransUnion, Equifax) according to your selected plan. It also provides credit monitoring services through social security number monitoring and internet monitoring.
- Advanced Identity Monitoring: ID Watchdog’s advanced monitoring package scrubs billions of licenses, public records, address change requests, hacker forums, account password resets, high risk transactions, new loan applications, enhanced non-credit loans, mortgage, payday loans and certifications to hunt for threads of potential identity theft.
- Dark Web Monitoring: ID Watchdog also scans chat rooms, websites and other forums which are prone for trafficking stolen information on internet black market. This can be your financial, personal or professional information.
- Case Management and Resolution: Whenever there is any identity theft detected, ID Watchdog forwards the case to Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialists (CITRMS®) team to ensure your case is fully managed until it is resolved.
What Does It Protect?
- ID Watchdog Plus
This plan gives you Basic and Advanced Identity Monitoring, Full Service Identity Restoration, Credit Report Monitoring, Cyber Monitoring, Email and SMS Notification, NPI Monitoring and other services.
- ID Watchdog Platinum
This plan entitles you with all above services including feature plus credit reports and scores.
ID Watchdog calls itself a ‘True Identity Protector’ with ‘100% Identity Theft Resolution’ however the terms and conditions disclaimer introduces some hidden limitations which exists with every company.
Plans & Pricing
ID Watchdog provides services in different verticals ranging between $14.95 / month to $19.95 / month. If you go for a yearly subscription, the base plan subscription is for $149.95 a year and the premium plan service is for $219 a year. Though the service cost is bit on a higher range however the benefits are seamlessly justified.
Official Website: https://idwatchdog.com/
- Alerts – Notification of important changes or possible fraud
- Customer Support – Chat and Email support round the clock
- Credit Score – Monitors your credit score for any additional changes
- Credit Reporting – Shares your credit history and summary of your profile
- Web Alerts – Sends emails or notifications on detection of unauthorized identity usage
- Information Dashboard – Platform to check real-time identity profile and related reports
- Status Report – Displays all scanned information and reports generated on regular intervals
- Identity Restoration – Support on restoring compromised data or personal identity information
- Realtime Web Monitoring – Guards your identity information from being trafficked over the web
An A+ rating on BBB indicates that the company is maintaining and exceeding expectations of Better Business Bureau standards and has been delivering satisfactory services. ID Watchdog has also got fair rankings on annualcreditreport.com and is listed under the best identity theft monitoring services for 2019 on CNET.com.
Awards and Recognition