Potential Unwanted Programs are the applications which are often installed without user’s permissions. It often contains adware, installs toolbars, with uncertain objectives. It may or may not be clogging your system. Commonly PUPs are irritating and use a lot of system resources and slow down your operating system.
In this post, we will talk about three best PUP cleaners for Mac which can help you remove potentially unwanted programs.
1. Smart Mac Care
Smart Mac Care is a pup remover for Mac which keeps your Mac healthy and secure by deleting unwanted junk files, malware infections and privacy traces. It comes with three cleaning features to keep your Mac completely protected.
Features Of Smart Mac Care:
- It scans, detects and deletes threats present on your machine, protecting your machine from unwanted system crashes.
- It can detect cache files, trash, log files and more to retrieve disk space on your computer.
- It scans and removes browsers for internet cache, history and app cache.
The tool also comprises of Uninstaller, Failed Download and Login items which help you get rid of unwanted applications, unwanted files and annoying startup items.
How To Remove PUP From Mac Using SmartMacCare
Smart Mac Care is an app to remove PUPs along with other redundant files on your Mac. Along with that, it also secures your computer from malware, spyware infections. Follow these steps to use Smart Mac Care and get rid of PUPs and other obsolete files:
In this way, you can get rid of unwanted files, programs and login items.
Download Smart Mac Care & remove all the unwanted items in no time!
CleanMyMacX is a cleaner app which can be used to remove PUP programs. It will clean junk files and unnecessary files from your Mac. It also acts as malware & PUP remover, performance monitor and mac cleaner.
Features Of CleanMyMacX:
- It can clean unwanted files including brown downloads, logs, outdated caches, and other useless localizations.
- It removes clutter from Mail, iTunes, Photos, and large hidden files from your Mac in a few seconds.
- It manages login items, launch agent and other unwanted apps to free up RAM.
The tool also works as a malware remover as it performs a deep scan on your Mac to look out for threats on your Mac. It also removes browsing history, along with online and offline activity traces.
How Does It Work?
CleanMyMacX is a simple tool which can help you to manage storage space on your Mac along with removing all the unwanted items on it. Follow these steps to remove them:
Step 1 : Download CleanMyMac X — it’s free to download.
Step 2 : Click the Malware Removal tab.
Step 3 : Click Scan and then click Remove.
3. BitDefender Adware Removal Tool For Mac
Another PUP removal software for Mac, Bitdefender’s Adware Removal Tool for Mac helps you remove annoying adware, intrusive apps and toolbars. It comes with a simple interface and an intrusive adware scan.
Features Of BitDefender Adware Removal Tool For Mac:
- It removes application bundler and keylogger along with adware.
- It also secures your Mac from hijackers from stealing your information.
- It has an antiphishing function which tells you if the webpage you visit is secure or not.
Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for Mac is capable of scanning links on Twitter and Facebook. The tool can also scan external drives for adware attached to your Mac.
How Does It Work?
Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for Mac keeps your Mac protected from adware and PUPs. Follow these steps to remove unwanted items from your Mac:
Step 1: Download and install the tool.
Step 2: Launch the tool and run it.
Step 3: Delete all the unwanted programs and junk to get adware free Mac.
So, these are some of the best apps which can help you to remove PUP programs along with deleting unwanted items from your Mac. Which one would you choose? Did we miss your favorite tool? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.