Facebook surely believes in the old saying that a friend in need is a friend indeed. Which is certainly the reason that they’ve provided us with an option to choose our friends to set them as trusted contacts.
While it sounds like a convenient feature, Trusted Contacts can also help us sign-in our Facebook account when you accidently lose access to it. So, without further ado let’s quickly learn how to add trusted contacts for our Facebook account.
- Sign in to your Facebook account and click on the down arrow located at the top right corner. Now from the drop-down menu select Settings option.
- Click on the Security and login option. Now click on Edit button to add your friends.
- Click on choose friends to add your friends as trusted contacts.
- You will now receive a prompt which will give you an idea about Trusted Contacts. After going through it click on Choose Trusted Contacts button.
- Enter the name of your friends whom you wish to add as your trusted contact. You need to select minimum 3 friends. Also, the person you add as trusted contact will be notified. Click on Confirm to continue.
- Once you have added your trusted contacts you will find their name along with their picture in the list of your trusted contacts. You can any time remove the trusted contacts or edit them.
Must Read: How to Unchain Facebook Account from An App
How To Get Help From Your Trusted Contact
In case you forget your Facebook password or due to any xyzzy reason locked out of your Facebook account, then these trusted contacts will help you out in regaining access to the account.
- Click on Forgotten account at the Facebook login screen.
- When prompted enter the account details like email, phone number or username and click search
- It is quite obvious that you will only choose option of trusted contacts if you don’t have access to your email and phone. In that case click on “No longer have access to these”.
- Now enter the new email address or phone of which you have access and click on Continue.
- You will now get a window with a URL which you need to share with your friend. Now click on Reveal My Trusted Contacts.
- Type the name of the one whom you have selected your trusted contact and click on Confirm.
- Now ask your friend to visit the URL http://www.facebook.com/recover and if asked sign in to his account. On visiting the URL your friend will receive a message that you need their help to regain access to your account. Ask your friend to click on Continue.
- Now to avoid any fraudulent attempt your friend needs to click on the first option that he already had a call with you. Now ask him to click on Continue.
- Your friend will now get a 4-digit code which he needs to share with you.
- Repeat the process with your other friends and get the other two codes. Once you have all the 3 codes fill in the Enter code box and click on Continue.
Must Read: How to Stop Group Notifications on Facebook
Once the correct codes are entered, you will get the option to reset your password and login to your Facebook account. So, friends if you have not already chosen your trusted contacts then choose them right now.