MagicCall – Voice Changer App is an Android and iOS-based application that allows users to change their voices by adding effects to it. As the name suggests, it’s a voice changer app for Android or iOS users, who either wish to play pranks or create funny videos, audios and mash them up on some video content. The whole point of the app is to play pranks or have fun (if this falls in your definition of fun), but the payment one must make to have fun using MagicCall takes the fun away.
Get MagicCall – Voice Changer App
MagicCall has a variety of voices to be added to the call. There are a few background effects as well, which you can use to dodge off someone’s call by pretending you’re in traffic or heavy rain, the sound of which will play in the background as you talk. The deal sounds good, especially for someone who has an edge of making voiceovers and need effects to be added to the original voice call. But the app is just too much to pay for and has no logical function that one must purchase.
In the most recent developments, constant bugs, glitches, and malfunctioning of features have caused the app to receive severe criticism from users. A rating of mere 3.5 on Play Store indicates that the app has nit lived up to fulfil the user expectations.
Using MagicCall: Task and Features
– MagicCall has four different voice changing modes – male, female, kid, and cartoon. There are additional voices added of such as President, Sophia AI, The Boss Baby, etc.
– Users can choose to convert their voice into any of the four modes (based on individual ages) and change their voices.
– Users can test these voice options on a call or can record something in these different voices and save the recording on the device.
– There are few background effects in the app as well. These backgrounds create a fake surrounding for you to pretend to some caller.
– For example, if you choose rain, then there will be a sound of heavy rainfall in the background of your call or recording.
– There are emoticon sounds such as of a clap or a kiss which can be added in between an ongoing call
The app has three different pricing plans:
The app itself is free to use and download but to make calls with voice changing modes; you need in-app credits. Those credits can only be purchased if you buy a purchase plan. The minimum subscription plan is of $1.99/week, which gives the user 100 calling credits. The credits are spent on calls depending on how long the call went, just like using a payphone.
Also read : Top 10 Best Voice Recorder Apps for Android
Glitches and Performance Issues
The app has been criticized for the bad quality of calls and recordings quite often. While some users have also stated, the app cost a lot of credits to make a prank call using the voice modes. The app says that the phone number registered stays hidden and is not shown to the person on the receiver’s end on of the call. However, this varies on call to call. Sometimes, the full number is visible to the receiver which renders the prank or that call worthless.
Moreover, overlapping background sounds on voice modes create a fumbled output, which basically exposes the app. Since the app will require you to purchase credits by giving in your financial details, it also creates a security risk to user data.
The app sounds funny initially and sometimes does work for pranks. However, the app hasn’t been updated in months, and there has been no rework on any glitches registered by the users. The advertisements act as an add-on to the annoyance. Plus, purchasing the credits at that rate is not worth it just to make prank calls on someone.
So, in my opinion, you must look for another option if you really wish to have a voice changer app on your phone, paying for MagicCall is not that good option.