From producing some of the earliest ‘Brick-Like Cell Phones’ to introducing the world to ‘Super-thin Razr Phones’, Motorola is surely one of the biggest names in the Mobile Technology field.
Seeing the major advances in cellular communication with Samsung Galaxy Fold and Huawei Mate X, it looks like the company too wants to jump into foldable phones. With the vision to recapture its glory days, the tech giant is planning to update one of its classic Razr Flip phone.
Speculations Made About Motorola’s New Bending Phone!
Rumours about Motorola’s foldable phone aren’t new. Last month a patent made Internet rounds displaying a device that seemed to merge the iconic Moto Razr design with a twist of modern foldable devices.
According to a recent interview with Motorola VP of Global Product, Dan Derry, “The Motorola Razr phone is making a comeback. The once-popular flip phone is being revived as a smartphone with a foldable screen and a starting price of roughly $1,500, according to people familiar with the matter.”
How Moto’s New Bendable Phone Is Different From Other Upcoming Foldable Phones?
It sounds like there are couple of things which makes Moto’s new innovation different from other forthcoming foldable devices.
- First, that it is closer to launch. Most probably it would be released this Summer.
- Rather than side-folding design like Huawei & Samsung have opted for, Moto’s new bending device would be more like the Razr flip-phone.
- According to Dery, several of the foldable phones have had displays ‘on the outside’, which makes the screen prone to nicks and damages. Instead, Moto is planning to consider a device that ‘folds open to reveal the display’.
- It might have a Clamshell-style design, with an inward-facing primary screen.
- The company also hinted that, their new bending device will have dual hinges, where screen folds in a couple of different places.
The company is planning to evoke nostalgia with a Razr-like design which could help them to boost sales for their upcoming phone.
Here are some of the designs Motorola had been working on, which is only adding weights to the leaks & rumours.
According to various reports, ‘Motorola’s Razr Remake’ could be limited to around 2,00,000 units & could have a price tag of $1,500 when launched.