CUT, COPY, PASTE. Drag > Drop Files to Desired Location. Sounds quite familiar now, right?
File copying & transferring are one of the most common actions we perform almost daily. Well, the speed of the copy/move function depends on the size of the media that is copied or moved. But the general process of transferring data has two significant drawbacks: (1) The slow speed of copying files (2) No way to pause the process in between.
To resolve these problems & make the process of copying files at a faster rate, we’ll be discussing Top 10 File Copy software in 2020!
Our Top 3 Choices
EASEUS DISK COPY
Top 11 Best File Copy Software for Windows 10, 8, 7
Here is the list of 11 fastest file copy software to transfer large files:
1. EaseUS Disk Copy
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7 | Size: 47.5 MB | Price: Free Trial/Starts From $19.90 | Try Now
Looking for a Windows utility to copy & paste the entire drive? Well, choose none other than EaseUS Disk Copy. The Windows app works quite fast to clone a disk with complete accuracy. Compatible with almost all versions of Windows, you can even use EaseUS Disk Copy to create a bootable disk. It also supports hard drives up TB 16 TB in size.
- Best-known for its accuracy in making clones
- Fastest & Safest File Copy Utility
- Capable of rescuing damaged hard drives
- Helps in creating partitions & boot disk
- Higher prices compared to other alternatives
- Heavy File Copier Tool
Watch Video Tutorial on How to Use Easus Disk Copy Program
Download EaseUS Disk Copy
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7 | Size: 1.8 MB | Price: Free | Try Now
This file transfer software might not feature an efficient UI, but it does a great job when it comes to its usability. The data copy software is available for free & works at a rapid speed to move files from one network to another. The Windows tool employs multiple threads to read, write & verify & uses overlapped & direct I/O systems to achieve the best speed during file transfer.
- Free File Copier For Experienced Users
- No. of buffer options to tweak the performance
- Offers options to add context menu entries
- Light on system resources
- Auto-Select settings for copying
- Complicated & typical interface
- Not designed for novice users
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7 | Size: 17.6 MB | Price: Starts From $19.95 | Try Now
TeraCopy is a beautiful data copy program for Windows 10 & other versions. It features an interactive UI & has both free & paid versions. Using the free file copy utility version, you can enjoy a plethora of features, along with faster file copying tasks from PC to another.
- Exclude problematic files during copying task
- Drag & drop to prevent moving large folders
- Advanced tools available for experienced users
- Portable version is available using Installer
- Resource usage
4. Copy Handler
Compatibility: Windows & Mac | Size: 7.73 MB| Price: Free | Try Now
Need a Windows utility that can help you transfer a plethora of files and data from one system to another? Well, your search ends here, try using Copy Handler. A dedicated file copy utility to transfer bulk files with speed & least amount of time. Additionally, it shows detailed statistics to evaluate the transfer process. Unlike other file copiers, the incomplete tasks automatically start when the PC starts.
- Features – Pause, Resume, Restart, Cancel tools
- Multilingual data copy program
- Lets you transfer files between drives & PCs.
- Has drag & drop functions
- Check the wealth of stats & other operations.
- Requires little tech know-how to use the tool
- Issues while setting up the file copier
- Tricky to uninstall the product
5. File Fisher
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7 | Size: 511 KB | Price: Free | Try Now
The best portable file copy utility available for Windows 10 is File Fisher. You don’t have to install the program on your PC; instead, you just have to drag & drop it to your desktop to start using it. You can simply keep the Windows app in an external device, in case you wish to install it in your PC anytime. File Fisher gives the ability to pause, resume, or cancel the copying process anytime.
- Fundamental user interface
- Requires Java Runtime Environment to run
Compatibility: Windows & Mac | Size: 3.13 MB | Price: Free: 30-Days Trial/ $19.95| Try Now
As the name entails, ExtremeCopy assists users in copying data from one PC to another at an enormous speed. But honestly, you can only obtain the fastest speed if your machine is working in tip-top shape & is in ideal physical structure. The super-fast copy software brings options to skip & pause the copy process for a particular file.
- User-friendly interface
- Has an integration with Windows Explorer
- Options to Skip, Pause & Resume
- Offers standard & pro version of Copy Utility
- Advanced tools are available with a pro version
- Terrible for network transfers
- No main window available for the standard version
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, Linux | Size: 9.9 MB | Price: Free | Try Now
An open-source file copy utility, UltraCopier is working quite fast to copy files from one place to another. Like several options mentioned here, UltraCopier allows users to Start, Stop, Resume to make the entire copying process hassle-free. Additionally, it offers am error management feature, to manage problems or corrupted files to some extent.
- Best for beginners
- Runs in the background, occupy fewer resources.
- Perform copy task from one server to another
- Open-source file copy software with nice UI
- Copy queue tray to check the copy progress
- Some users face difficulty to add copy tasks.
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, Linux | Size: 20 MB | Price: Free | Try Now
One of the best interactive Windows Copy Software anyone can use is MiniCopier. To start using this super-fast file copier, all you have to do is drag & drop files or folders into the red basket in the program’s window & the process will begin automatically. You can find the standard Pause & Skip buttons as well.
- Add multiple files/folders to basket
- Pause/Resume process when required
- Allows you to skip current transfer to the next
- Gives you an option to overwrite files
- Keep track of the transfers which gets failed
- Basic user-interface
9. FF Copy
Compatibility: Windows 10, 7 | Size: 437.11 KB | Price: Free | Try Now
Considered one of the most excellent Windows file copy utilities & there are a lot of supporting reasons for the same. You can add the file to a transfer queue that you would like to copy so that they can be downloaded in order. Known as the super-fast copy software because of the divergent transfers, push parallel transfers & ability to allocate disk space and eliminate disk fragmentation.
- Shows complete status progress
- Buttons to pause or resume copying
- Significantly boost the speed of the entire process
- Super-fast file copier & mover for Windows 10
- Pre-allocation of disk space to reduce fragmentation
- Basic dashboard
10. SuperCopier 4
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7 (64-bit/32-bit), Mac | Size: 14.3 MB| Price: $14.99 | Try Now
Here’s another open-source file copier program that looks and works similar to UltraCopier. The only difference is, SuperCopier is more stable to operate. You can access most of the actions through system tray only. You can add a new copy task from the tray itself & use the Pause, Resume, Skip buttons to manage the copying process.
- Small tray to start, pause, skip the copy process.
- Offers tools to manage errors or file collisions
- Multilingual Data Copy Software
- Users can manage the transfer speed
- Stable & reliable file copier
- Suitable for advanced users only
- Setup & download process takes a lot of time
Honorable Mentions: Must-Try Windows File Copy Programs 2020
Apart from these top 10 choices, there are a few worthy file copying tools that you can give a try:
|Software||Key Features||Try Now|
Is It Faster To Move Or Copy Files?
Though it depends on the situation & the amount of data being copied or moved, in general, moving will always be faster than copying files.
If you are moving files & folders in the same drive, then it will probably take less time then copying them. Because when you move data, it only re-indexes the files & re-allocate pointer to a different location, but data remains in the same places. Whereas, while copying the data, it erases the reference & rewrite the files to indicate the data is transferred to a different location, which probably takes little more time. Though, you can’t feel a significant difference in the time gap in both the actions!
Best File Copy Software 2020 (Compared)
Here’s a brief comparison of Top 5 Windows file transfer software can help you copy files at the fastest speed from one place to another.
|Top 5 File Copy Utility For PC||Key Highlight||Price||Latest Version||Try Now|
|FastCopy||Best Tool To Enjoy Fastest File Copy Speeds||Free||3.90||Try Now|
|EaseUS Disk Copy||Amazing Tool To Copy Entire Drive At A Great Speed||$19.90||3.5||Try Now|
|TeraCopy||Features A Robust & Interactive Interface||$19.95||3.26||Try Now|
|Copy Handler||Best Tool To Transfer Multiple Files From One PC To Another||Free||1.44||Try Now|
|File Fisher||Portable File Copy Tool, Doesn’t Need To Install It On Your PC||Free||2.0.3||Try Now|
How Can I Make A File Copy Faster?
Copying files from external storage to local is a mundane task & people usually report how their Windows PCs take all day long to complete the process, be it from external media or between different drives or partitions. Well, there are plenty of factors due to which the process of copying files can become slower. So, we’ve tried to list specific methods to speed up your system when it’s copying files sluggishly without using third-party File Copy Software.
- Check HDD For Corruption
- Use Different USB Port
- Disable Antivirus
- Check USB Drivers
- Run Disk Cleanup Utility
- Format USB Flash Drive In NTFS Format
- Make Changes The Drive’s Removal Policy
Once you’ve tried all these methods, you can see a little improvement in copying files and folders from one place to another. For some users trying all these methods, one by one can be hectic, for them using the Top File Copy Utility  becomes the best bet!
Short On Time? Watch This Video Tutorial To Know Popular File Copy Utilities
Have no time to read? Watch this quick video tutorial to learn about the most useful File transfer Software (2020).