When you download apps, they are stored in your device and don’t get deleted permanently even after you have uninstalled them. The question is, where can you find the apps downloaded at any point of time on your account, and how can you get rid of unwanted apps that are no longer installed on your device.
Here, we shall enlist some easy ways using which you will able to view all the apps ever downloaded on your Android device
- Open Google Play Store
- Tap on the three horizontal lines present at the top left of the screen. This will open the menu
- From the menu pick the first option that says My apps & games
At the top you will find four options under My apps & games, namely, Updates, Installed, Library and Beta. Amongst these options, we shall focus on Installed and Library –
As the name suggests, these are the apps currently downloaded on your Android device. Here you can choose to either update the downloaded apps (if the option is open) or open a downloaded Android app.
This is a place that stores all the apps downloaded by you ever under your Google account but which aren’t currently installed on your device. It contains a history both paid and free Android apps that have been downloaded by you on any phone associated with your Google account.
You can choose to either install the app back or permanently delete the app by clicking on the (X) icon.
What If I Don’t Have My Android Device Handy
Let’s say your Android device isn’t around or if you are not able to access your device, worry not! You can delete app download history from your desktop as well. The steps for the same are mentioned below –
- Go to Google Play Store and log in using Google account associated with your device
- On the left-hand panel under the Entertainment click on Apps
- You will now be able to see My apps. You will now be able to see all the apps associated with your account
- Choose the app that you wish to delete and click on the trash can and verify that you wish to uninstall the app
How To View And Delete iOS Apps Ever Downloaded On My Device
You probably have downloaded hundreds of apps over the course of using your iPhone or iPad. Chances are that you have even upgraded your iPhone from one variant to another. If you wish to see all the iOS apps downloaded by you maybe for re-downloading an iOS app, follow these steps –
- Open the App Store on your device
- Click on your profile picture present at the top right corner
- Select purchased
- Now, you will have in front of you all the apps downloaded on your iOS device
You can either view all the apps that are there on your device using the All option or choose the Not on this iPhone option to choose all those iOS apps that you had downloaded earlier but which are not currently installed on the device. Under the All option you can either click on the Open icon to reopen an App or download the iOS app using the cloud arrow button.
In The End
We hope that after reading this blog, you won’t again have to scratch your head if you are thinking about reinstalling an app that was once dear to you. You will now easily be able to find apps you have ever downloaded and in fact re–download apps on your whim. Hope the blog helped you and if yes, do let us know in the comments section below.