During these different times, Windows 10 plays a vital role hence to ensure high quality and reliable experience; the company decided to roll out a May 2020 update for Seekers. This means those who click Windows Updates themselves and opt to download will get it immediately.
In mid-April, the update was made available for developers since then mainstream users have been waiting for it. Now with the announcement of Microsoft rolling out Windows 10 2004, the wait is over.
What Does Windows 10 May 2020 Update Include?
The update includes the Windows subsystem for Linux 2 and Cortana updates.
Windows users have been waiting for this Linux integration for long. With this added to Windows 10 performance improvement in Microsoft’s Linux subsystem will be noticed. In addition to this, Microsoft promises to update Kernel in the coming Windows Update, and it will be open source. This means developers will have the freedom to create their WSL and make changes.
Alongside Cortana will be improved vastly and other changes will be made to Windows 10. These are as follows:
- Windows 10 users will now be able to undock it from Windows taskbar.
- Users can choose between talking to assistant or typing.
- Tweaks added to Cortana interface to make it conversational.
- Quick searches for weather, news, movies, today in history, etc. is also added to search home interface.
How to Download Windows 10 May 2020 Update?
If you are ready to install the latest Windows 10 update, follow the steps below:
1. Head to Windows Settings. For this, you can press Windows + I keys.
2. Here, look for the Update & Security section and double click it.
3. This will open a new window. Here in the left pane click on Windows update.
4. Usually, if an update is available, you see the Download button. However, if you don’t see it, click Check for Updates.
5. Once the update is detected, you will click on Download and install it.
Note: If you don’t see Download and install, don’t worry. Since Microsoft is slowly rolling it out, there’s a possibility that your device will receive it soon or if any compatibility issues are detected to safeguard you the update is not made available for your device.
6. Once the download is complete, you can select a suitable time to finish installing it.
Note: Download and install feature is available for the device running Windows 10 version 1903 or 1909.
Using these simple steps, you can get the latest Windows 10 May 2020 update. But given the recent changes and how important your systems are for you. We suggest you check out What’s new in the Windows 10 May 2020 update and see if you want to update or not. Also, since the update is available for seekers, there is nothing to worry about.
We will keep you updated with more information about the update and issues if any. What are your thoughts about the update? Please do share in the comments box below.