Though Windows 10 is a fast, snappy & responsive operating system, it does have certain apps set to launch while starting up your computer. These programs are better known as Startup Items. In contrast, some of these apps turn out to be quite useful when they get automatically launched at PC startup. Some of them are space-hogging and are only responsible for bogging down your computer substantially. So, it’s important to identify these Windows 10 Startup Items & disable them not to launch when you boot your computer.
How To Identify Startup Items That Are Safe To Disable?
Here are some quick tips for detecting Startup Apps that you can disable safely without hampering your system issues:
1. Through System Configuration
- Open Run Window
MSConfig& hit OK
- From the System Configuration window, navigate to the Startup tab.
- Locate the file name:
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe -s
- Almost all the Windows 10 Startup items are executable files (exe).
- There would also be Startup items that contain the command switched, such as (-s) or (/c). You need to include these switches in search as well.
By doing so, you will come to know what is the purpose of the Startup program & are they safe to be disabled.
2. Through Windows Registry
- To launch the Registry Editor, press Windows + R key altogether
Regedit& click the OK button
- When the Registry editor gets opened, you have to follow the path mentioned below:
- Now you can see one or multiple programs that runs at Startup.
- You need to expand the Data Column so that you get the full file path value.
- In our PC, we are expanding the category to find the path for IntelliPoint.
- At this step, you can see the ipoint.exe file, which you can use for searching & identifying the need for the program that runs during
By doing so, you will come to know the purpose of the Startup program & whether they are safe to be disabled.
How To Disable Startup Programs On Windows 10 PC?
Though you can easily detect which Startup app is safe to disable through these methods, the next step is to learn How to disable Startup Items On Windows 10? Since the list of unwanted Startup Items can go long, it will be difficult and time consuming for users to disable them one by one. So, we recommend an automatic way to Disable Startup Apps:
STEP 1- Install & launch Advanced System Optimizer. It is one of the best PC maintenance tools.
STEP 2- From the main dashboard, head towards the Regular Maintenance module & click on the Startup Manager.
STEP 3- A dedicated window will appear where you can manage all the Startup items easily.
STEP 4- Simply click on the Manage Startup tab. You will find add, remove, enable, disable buttons for each Startup item selected by you. Click on any of them to manage each startup item.
Additionally, Advanced System Optimizer features a fantastic set of modules such as Driver Updater, Duplicate File Remover, Privacy Protector, Uninstaller, etc.
Disable Startup Services On Windows 10 PC
Well, you can quickly identify Windows 10 Startup Items using the aforementioned methods, few common Startup apps simply eat your system resources & bog down your PC for sluggish performance. These services include Skype, Google Chrome, Adobe Reader, uTorrent, Steam, Microsoft Office, Evernote Clipper & other applications that are safe to disable apps on auto-start.
|Why Startup Apps Are Bad?|
|Best Free Startup Managers For Windows PC|
|How To Disable The Startup Delay In Windows 10?|
|Fixed: Windows 10 Startup Repair In Infinite Loop & Not Working|