If you are an iPhone user, clearing cache on iPhone might or might not make much sense to you as iOS per se is efficient enough in managing memory.
But, here’s the fact – it’s not just the apps that take up space on your iPhone or iPad, it could even be the cache that might be sweeping away all the precious space on your device. So, if clearing cache on iPhone is a major issue, worry not! We’ll list down every trick in the hood that will help you clear iPhone cache in no time at all.
How To Delete Cache On iPhone
To answer how to delete cache on iPhone, we have listed down exact ways and steps that are easy to follow, and that’ll help you free your iOS device of cache –
1. Freeing Up Cache By Restarting Phone Is A Great Way Of Clearing iPhone Cache
Just a quick restart can do wonders to your iPhone. Yes, you heard that right, something as simple as restarting your device can actually clear up cache.
- Hold down the power button located at the top right or if you have iPhone XR, 11, 11 Pro or later hold down the volume up and power button simultaneously. You will see the “Slide to power off” option
- Slide the power off slider
- When the device has completely switched off, hold the power button to turn it on again
This method could help you in clearing cache on your iPhone.
2. Clearing Data or Cache Of Third-Party Apps On iPhone
If you wish to clear the cache of third-party apps such as Google Maps, Facebook, Instagram, here are the steps that you must follow –
- Follow the path – Settings > General > iPhone Storage
- Here you will find a list of all the apps with the data they are consuming on your device
- Further, tap on any of these apps, and you will see how much space is taken by Documents & Data
- iOS will intelligently tell so as to what you need to clean in iPhone Storage. You can see these by tapping on Recommendations and the further tapping on Enable
- You can manually clear the space by going into an app and then clearing unnecessary items such as playlists, emails, conversations, photo albums and related items
Deleting An App For Cleaning iPhone Cache
If an app is taking a huge amount of storage space, maybe you can consider deleting it and then re download it back again. This would help in clearing all the previously accumulated cache present in the app. To proceed with deleting an app –
- Tap on the app that you wish to delete under iPhone storage menu
- Hit the Delete App
- Now, you can visit the Apple Store and redownload the app
3. Clearing Safari Cache
Before you take this step, make sure that you take a note of all your essential passwords of the websites that you frequently visit. For clearing Safari cache on iPhone, here’s what you need to do –
- Tap on Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Safari
- Toggle and locate Clear History and Website Data
And, even after all these you are bogged by how do you clear cache on iPhone, do drop us a comment and we’ll dig deeper to find better ways (if any)
In The End
So, these were some of the best ways of clearing cache on your iOS device. Hope the above steps helped you in improving the performance of your device. If it did, please share this with your friends and loved ones. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube and share our articles.